Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Olive Garden page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

Olive Garden

My boss is providing an office lunch for a meeting we have today. It's from Olive Garden and this is what I'll be ordering since its the most primal friendly fare I can find.

Venetian Chicken
    "Grilled chicken breast in an apricot citrus sauce. Served with broccoli, asparagus and diced tomatoes."

You guys have surprised me the past few weeks by providing information on common foods that contain things I had no idea they did. I want to know, what kind of crap would Olive Garden be adding to a meal like this, or would this be A-Okay to eat?

You guys blow me away with your depth of knowledge, so I thought maybe this could generate some interesting results!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    This seems like a very viable option. Olive Garden does not have many primal choices. And, in fact, I think I ordered this last time I went there in March for my sisters birthday!!

I think this was it and it was really good! Enjoy it
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    Their salad is good too - you could get it with the dressing on the side and no croutons.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    the only cause for concern is the chicken probably has been raised with hormones in a cage, and the sauce is going to have canola in it.

lately Ive been really fearful of canola and other vegetable oils used so much in commercial kitchens. im like, how much are they using? probably a lot. but, somethings you cant avoid, like a work-meeting. My view is that I usually avoid these things, so when I do find myself at a restuarant, I feel like my healthy body will be able to deal with all of it. How many of your coworkers lift heavy things, do crossfit, supplement with Omega 3s and such, and eat primally? probably none. So youre way ahead of the game, as you know. I wouldnt sweat it to much, as its outside of your control.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    the only cause for concern is the chicken probably has been raised with hormones in a cage, and the sauce is going to have canola in it.

lately Ive been really fearful of canola and other vegetable oils used so much in commercial kitchens. im like, how much are they using? probably a lot. but, somethings you cant avoid, like a work-meeting. My view is that I usually avoid these things, so when I do find myself at a restuarant, I feel like my healthy body will be able to deal with all of it. How many of your coworkers lift heavy things, do crossfit, supplement with Omega 3s and such, and eat primally? probably none. So youre way ahead of the game, as you know. I wouldnt sweat it to much, as its outside of your control.
    Actually a lot of my co-workers lift heavy things when they haul themselves out of their chairs to go to the fridge.

Wakka wakka wakka...

In all seriousness, this is a great response and I'm definitely happy with the fact that over a year of being primal has probably equipped my body to be more than ready to handle a crummy restaurant meal every once in awhile. The beauty of eating this way is just how strong it makes us!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    The thing I fear most when going out to eat is shit cooked/fried in hydrogenated corn/soy/canola/vegetable oil. This stuff messes me up. I doubt olive garden uses olive oil.

I went to a place for all you can eat wings and I could only eat 1dozen. I was expecting to eat at least 3 times that. I felt bloated and sick after the first batch.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Weird... they have some decent beef options at dinner, but apparently none at lunch. I thought I was going to be stuck going to Olive Garden last weekend so I studied the dinner menu pretty well. =P I wonder why they don't think anyone wants beef for lunch?

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    My view is that I usually avoid these things, so when I do find myself at a restuarant, I feel like my healthy body will be able to deal with all of it.
    Amen. I so rarely "cheat" that I don't worry about long-term harm when I do. If the special occasion is worth the risk of a few hours' worth of bloaty, upset tummy, I'm cool with it...and sometimes, it doesn't even cost me that.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Russ is offline Senior Member
    I had a hard time with olive garden . . I got soup salad and breadsticks, didnt eat the breadsticks. . ordered the sausage soup . . then eat everything but the potato. . ordered "vegetable" soup, and it was 99% bean

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last time I went, I got salmon and broccoli. The salmon was pretty dry, but overall it was an OK meal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast