Thread: Primal Journal PaleoJane page

PaleoJane is offline Member

Primal Journal PaleoJane

Thrive Market
    About me:
    mid-40s
    5'4
    214.5 lbs
    health -- eh. I've always had great numbers other than my weight, but now my blood sugar is too high (fasting 100-105) and I feel crummy. I used to be in fabulous shape -- 20 years ago. Would like to get that back, but probably not in the next 30 days.

My goal for the next 30 days is to stay clean Paleo and to get in some interval exercise 5 days per week. My ultimate goal is to get down to 140, blood sugar in the 80-range.

Today was meant to be day 1 and it was a learning experience. (I've been doing Paleo on and off for the last month, mostly avoiding grains.) Today I had a blueberry muffin at a friend's house. So not Paleo. (At least the blueberries were organic?) What I discovered was that it made me hungry all day. The past few days when I've been clean, I wasn't hungry. It was definitely the carbs that did it to me. So, lesson learned. Trying not to beat myself up.

PaulaCee is offline Member
    Hello PaleoJane and welcome to the MDA forum. I wish you all the best for your paleo journey and please do try to be gentle with yourself. My fasting sugar was 99 (pre primal blueprint changes) last time I had it checked. I will get it checked next month and I think it will be much better. Hope you have a good week.

Paula

Thank you, Paula! Other than the blueberry muffin it was a decent day.
    I discovered that I do not like carrot-zucchini crustless quiche -- recipe I had was way too salty. That was breakfast with water.
    Lunch was (hem) blueberry muffin, cup of tea, 2 mustard-crusted chicken thighs.
    Dinner was flank steak with a spinach salad.
    Just finished making a salmon salad to take to work tomorrow for lunch!

I can use all the encouragement I can get and I really appreciate your welcome!

Jane

Since today is officially day 1, here are my stats: 214 lbs, fasting blood sugar 100. WOD: 15 minutes of core intervals.

Had leftover flank steak with onions and peppers for breakfast. Felt very unbreakfasty, but I'm still full four hours later, so that is good. I did have farm milk, too, which I know for most is not strictly Paleo, but if I can keep a little dairy, that will help me feel I'm not giving anything up.
    I've packed canned salmon with organic mayo and celery and olives for lunch.

It's really important that I up my vegetable intake because I'm bad about that. I'd be happy to eat nothing but meat all day, especially if I could add some nuts here and there. But that's not the healthiest I can be.

I'll post dinner and any other snacks and exercise I manage later.

Thanks for reading! Here is hoping I can do this.

Ugh. I am going to have to eat lunch without being hungry 'cause I'm not going to get home for another seven hours and I'm really stuck without being able to eat before then. I've been eating when not hungry for years -- carb cravings -- but now this is the real deal. Not entirely sure what to do.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hey there! Found you!

You're off to a good start! I think easing into it is a good plan - so the past month of "practice" will benefit you in the long run. When I started it was full throttle on the first day. I did great for the first 6 months, but I only lost 14 pounds and then stagnated. I'm within 5 pounds of that weight after 3 years. At least I'm consistent!

I won't give you advice on eating because I obviously haven't figured it out yet. But I will be happy to go along for the journey with you.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thank you, Tomi! It's good to have support, especially from someone who knows what it's like!

It certainly is!

As for the inflammation factor........... wheat and sugar are the biggest offenders to someone having this problem. Within 3 days of stopping all wheat and sugar ALL my fibromyalgia symptoms disappeared. I felt wonderful again! Others have reported similar effects of being wheat and sugar free. That is my biggest motivation to stay primal. I never want to go back to that agony again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

For whats it worth - our stats are quite similar.

I am 54 (got about 10 years on you), I am 5'3", and 190 pounds.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    190s have been my sticking point for the last 14 years. Got down into 180s briefly, but I was exercising like a demon every day and restricting calories. Then had a death in the family and began eating for comfort.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast