Thread: Natalia Rose/Finding balance page

jibber is offline Junior Member

Natalia Rose/Finding balance

Shop Now
    Anyone ever do one of her programs or a similar one? I love the idea of being veggie-centric (which primal is too, obvs), have been feeling a bit looser in my clothes, but feel like I'm losing some definition too (aka my ASS, which has never looked better since going primal!).
    Sometimes eating low carb and paleo/primal feels a bit too heavy for me; I never quite completely lean out. Natalia's Detox feels lighter, but kinda too light. Where's the balance?

vivilee is offline Member
    I follow Natalia's diet pretty much with the exception of the juicing and the amount of fish, eggs, nuts, dairy, fats and butters is much higher than she recommends. I make smoothies instead with a blender. Juicing seems so much more processed and I don't see anything wrong with the fiber. I think I found the right balance. I can't stand red meat or chicken so this works great for me! I love raw salads.

Quote Originally Posted by vivilee View Post
    I follow Natalia's diet pretty much with the exception of the juicing and the amount of fish, eggs, nuts, dairy, fats and butters is much higher than she recommends. I make smoothies instead with a blender. Juicing seems so much more processed and I don't see anything wrong with the fiber. I think I found the right balance. I can't stand red meat or chicken so this works great for me! I love raw salads.
    Oh how cool... So just the food combining and smoothies instead of juices? What kind of smoothie do you do in the AM? Thanks Vivilee!

I use a Greens product and I throw in whatever I have in the freezer...I also don't always use fresh raw--it's too inconvenient for me. I usually have a field berry mix and I throw in a few tablespoons of that with my greens powder, a splash of almond milk and bit of organic apple juice to make an 8 oz. smoothie. Sometimes that is enough for me...sometimes I eat a omelette with spinach, spring mix, mushrooms and earth balance margarine, (great margarine full of good fats). Sometimes my omelette has canned wild salmon.

You don't need to follow any diet literally. I've read so many diet books and each one has something valid to say but, find what works for YOU. I find that I like primarily a fish, healthy dairy and veggie based diet and I go as primal as possible with those food items.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    The pertinent question: does she butter her bacon?
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    The pertinent question: does she butter her bacon?
    stabby, you must be the best bacon butterer any of us have seen...

No Natalia Rose does not butter her bacon and neither do I. Nitrates yuck.

OH and I forgot to add, the Greens that I use has a multi-vitamin and it is very different from the one that is available in the states. I know it's not primal and I know people here will think I'm stupid for taking it--but it really has made a difference in my life. And it certainly saves me time and money. We do what we can with what we have...that's the problem with this forum--there are some seriously opinionated people here that make it a very fearful place for new forum members.