Thread: Commercial salad dressings page

TCM
    TCM is offline Junior Member

Commercial salad dressings

Has anyone else completely lost their taste for store-bought salad dressings? Yuck. Tastes like pure chemicals to me...even "better" brands like Newman's. I need to buy a bottle of olive oil and one of vinegar and just keep them at work for my salads....

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I never could stomach salad dressings. I started making my own long ago, now I just don't feel guilty about all of the fat! lol

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I haven't even looked at the stuff for months; they are positively sinister. Just think about it: the average CW nutrition devotee dutifully having their nice healthy salad and they unwittingly top it off with soybean or canola oil salad dressing. "Look it has some omega 3 and it lowers cholesterol!" I feel sorry for people consuming industrial seed oil regularly.

Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, onion powder, mustard powder, and usually some extra spices on top is what I do.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    I've been making my own bacon-ranch dressing lately. It is so much better than anything that comes out of a bottle.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

sap
    sap is offline Junior Member
    I spent a year in France and I haven't been able to stand store-bought dressings since then. My preferred combination is extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice and a touch of dijon.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i found a goodish one in my grocery store. i forgot the name of it, because i ran out and chucked the bottle out. but it was made with apple cider vinegar, olive oil, mango puree, grape juice...some other stuff. but nothing artificial, and no canola oil or soybean oil or any of that... i was suprised. ill have to go find it again, so i can list the ingredients properly.