Thread: Coconut oil.... page

kiwigolfer39 is offline Member

Coconut oil....

Primal Fuel
    Hi all. Sorry wasn't really sure where to put this and even though I been trying to do this for a year now I still feel like a newbie!! Lol

Pretty much eating everything cooked in butter out if frying pan...

Can I use coconut oil? To cook omelette? Meat? Vegs? In frying pan.

Cheers all

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil is great. Along with lard, duck fat etc
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Mm tried it but not what I was expecting?! Couldn't taste any coconut and it smells when frying. Am I using right stuff. It's solid like a wax

2gzdragons is offline Junior Member
    We use pure, unrefined cold pressed coconut oil -- extra virgin USDA organic...

This summer when it was warmer, consistency was like very soft butter. Now that it is cold it is very solid.

We actually like cooking with it better than most other oils-- I feel I have a lot more control over burning, crisping, etc. (gas top stove ) and yes, we do taste a slightly sweet coconut flavor, which in most of our dishes is totally fine.

Does it smell bad? Very, very slight smell when we cook with it of coconut. Just made some organic popcorn for the kids and rubbed it into hands and arms...love this stuff!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure if you're writing (and shopping) in NZ, but there's a popular brand of CO in our supermarkets that's refined and deodorised - definitely not the good stuff!! Look for the brands that are cold pressed - they smell divine
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

This is what it is?

Called cbc from Singapore big green tin. Very cheap. Won't let me upload pic

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    This is where I used to get mine from Coconut Oil - Twin Pack

Now my local Countdown is getting the good stuff so that makes it easier!!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by 2gzdragons View Post
    We use pure, unrefined cold pressed coconut oil -- extra virgin USDA organic...

This summer when it was warmer, consistency was like very soft butter. Now that it is cold it is very solid.

We actually like cooking with it better than most other oils-- I feel I have a lot more control over burning, crisping, etc. (gas top stove ) and yes, we do taste a slightly sweet coconut flavor, which in most of our dishes is totally fine.

Does it smell bad? Very, very slight smell when we cook with it of coconut. Just made some organic popcorn for the kids and rubbed it into hands and arms...love this stuff!
    Same experience here. Mix it up a bit with other good fats too like rendered fat from grass fed beef if you can get it. Used to use bacon grease but getting away from that a bit.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes