Thread: Wake-up Light page

Pamela M is offline Senior Member

Wake-up Light

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone ever used one of these? I need to spring for a new alarm clock, and the Philips wake-up light is appealing. Maybe a little gentler and more natural than what I'm using now. I'm just wondering how effective it is.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    I've heard nice things about it but unfortunately not applicable since I'm wearing a Bucky mask--my current windows are not really blindable.

The game changer for me was the "Gentle Alarm" phone app. I configured it for verrrrry gradual beach waves.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

St.Robinson is offline Junior Member
    I have one! Our bedroom is a cave with no windows -great for falling asleep but not for waking up. I have whatever model lets me fall asleep to a "sunset." Honestly I love it and can't say enough good things about it. Really love how dark you can make the numbers go so they don't bus you when you're falling asleep. Alarm clocks always made me get out of bed all stressed, but this is nice and gentle. One downside, it is very gentle and sometimes easy to ignore on snuggly mornings. I usually have my cell phone set to go off when I HAVE to be out of bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Back when I was working "9-5", I had one and loved it.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Thanks for the feedback! This is just what I was hoping to hear. I wasn't aware that they also had a sunset function; bonus!
    So if y'all will excuse me, I'm going shopping!

Sefton is offline Member
    I have a Phillips. Makes for a gentle glide path for bedtime and rising. I find the controls a bit awkward to manipulate and often will hear birds chirping at the wrong time. But that is just a matter of practice and mastering them....and I tend to stay with the same settings until I try to get creative.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I bought the light, but without all the bells & whistles, so helaas, no birds waking me up or sunset lulling me to sleep. I'm looking forward to Monday morning though, to see how I respond to the gradual sunrise. Pretty cool looking alarm clock at the very least!