Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it really possible.... page

Steady is offline Senior Member

Is it really possible....

.... to get hooge in prison? I think a better question would be is it possible to get hooge not eating very much?

The reason I ask, I have a friend who is inside (7 years, due out next May) who lifted before he went in. Now he said he still lifts inside but has struggled to maintain weight with so little food.

You always see it in movies where guys are massive. I know from my own experience that you have to eat SOOOO much to gain lean weight so what's up with that?

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    T-Nation had an article about it:

http://www.t-nation.com/training/barbells-behind-bars

If you're hitting the weights and eating a surplus, you can gain weight no matter where you are. Spending your money on food instead of other stuff in the commisary is probably the key

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    If you're hitting the weights and eating a surplus, you can gain weight no matter where you are. Spending your money on food instead of other stuff in the commisary is probably the key
    Yeah of course but I think my pal is really struggling to even get a normal amount of calories in let alone enough to consider a surplus.

I'll have a read of that Mr. A.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I know someone in prison. They have to buy a lot of their own things and many of the things they buy have to come from an approved catalog. She is lucky in that someone sends her things, including food, and sends her money. I have no idea if protein powder is in the catalog, probably not, but if it is, you could send him some if he's a good enough friend.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    T-Nation had an article about it:

T Nation | Barbells Behind Bars
    That was a great read.

sb: he's a good pal. He's getting by and besides he's out in May. He just said it's hard. As the guy in the article Mr. A posted says, tins of fish are a lasting memory for any jailbird weightlifter. My mate says that's all he seems to eat.

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    this might be inappropriate, but can I ask, what is he in for? and what level of prison security is he in?
    The article on T nation is an awesome read, and the guy in it got pretty jacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    this might be inappropriate, but can I ask, what is he in for? and what level of prison security is he in?
    The article on T nation is an awesome read, and the guy in it got pretty jacked.
    Online fraud then assaulting a police officer (at the time of arrest). Ironically, he WAS a police officer, and a pretty good one.... apart from the fraud thing obviously.

Not that high security.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Yes definitely especially if they are a ' Heavy ' as they will get food items from other inmates to top up what they get provided by the jail and what they buy on canteen.

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Elliott Hulse once said that prisoners can build muscle because the environment (being around so many violent people) forces their testosterone levels to become higher than normal. He has a PhD in broscience, though, so take that with a grain of salt . And I've read that prisoners have a lot of free time, so there are plenty of opportunities to work out and get plenty of sleep. The amount of food they can get probably varies from prison to prison.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast