Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever just had a really really bad day? page

sbhikes is online now Senior Member

Have you ever just had a really really bad day?

Primal Fuel
    I'm really having a bad day. It's one of those if it can go wrong, it will go wrong kind of days.

Let me spare you my sob story. Please tell me your sob story. Maybe it's worse than mine and I'll feel grateful that at least I'm not you.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    Definitely not rehashing my bad moments, look forward not backwards. But as bad as you think you have it, know that their is always someone worst off than you that wishes they had your problems

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Denny. I've had about 3 months of bad days. I keep trying to look forward.

Sent from an arrow to the chest.
    "Message for you sir."
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure I've had days where bad things happened to me but I honestly can't remember the details and I prefer it that way. I know it was mostly high school and I'm still trying to blot out the memories. That was a bad time... however, I've also had days where I wished destruction on the world. That mostly coincided with my cycle. XD Good times?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Well, it's not a bad day like people dying or anything like that. It's like if something could have gone wrong today, it did. For example:

1. Truck broke down coming down the 405 to the 101 in LA during Friday afternoon traffic. Not so bad because I did get off the freeway and managed to drive myself to a mechanic. You can go far without using the brakes if you have a stick shift.

2. The repairs will cost pretty much what my truck is worth. It's okay because I can afford it even if I'm being ripped off, which I am never quite sure if I am. I got lucky because the mechanic had a 5 star yelp review and was nice enough to drive me to a hotel so at least there's a silver lining there.

3. He drove me to a hotel because I went to LA without my driver's license. I guess it fell out somewhere at home because when I got here I did not have it. Without a driver's license I couldn't rent a car.

4. Turns out without a driver's license you can't get a hotel room either. Not even with cash. It's okay because I can call my boyfriend and ask him to come get me.

5. But he wasn't answering the phone. Well, it's okay because I have a computer so maybe I can find some wifi and find a place to couch surf or something. Except I can't find anywhere with food and wifi and I'm really hungry because they served pizza for lunch and so I didn't have any lunch.

6. But it's okay because I finally found some wifi and I finally reached my boyfriend who will come get me a hotel room and hang out with me while I wait for my truck to get fixed.

7. And then I'll pay with as much cash as I can get out of the ATM because my credit card has a really small limit and I've already used some, so I don't have enough credit for full cost of the repairs.

I feel like a poor person today. It's like being homeless and having foreign money you can't use. It's like being an unwanted nobody. I was actually thinking I'd have to sit in a coffeehouse until it closed, then find a bar until it closed and then go freeze to death in some park without a jacket for 4 hours until I could go back to the coffeehouse. But I'll be okay so long as the boyfriend's car doesn't break down on the way here. Wherever the heck I am.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Well, it's not a bad day like people dying or anything like that. It's like if something could have gone wrong today, it did. For example:

1. Truck broke down coming down the 405 to the 101 in LA during Friday afternoon traffic. Not so bad because I did get off the freeway and managed to drive myself to a mechanic. You can go far without using the brakes if you have a stick shift.

2. The repairs will cost pretty much what my truck is worth. It's okay because I can afford it even if I'm being ripped off, which I am never quite sure if I am. I got lucky because the mechanic had a 5 star yelp review and was nice enough to drive me to a hotel so at least there's a silver lining there.

3. He drove me to a hotel because I went to LA without my driver's license. I guess it fell out somewhere at home because when I got here I did not have it. Without a driver's license I couldn't rent a car.

4. Turns out without a driver's license you can't get a hotel room either. Not even with cash. It's okay because I can call my boyfriend and ask him to come get me.

5. But he wasn't answering the phone. Well, it's okay because I have a computer so maybe I can find some wifi and find a place to couch surf or something. Except I can't find anywhere with food and wifi and I'm really hungry because they served pizza for lunch and so I didn't have any lunch.

6. But it's okay because I finally found some wifi and I finally reached my boyfriend who will come get me a hotel room and hang out with me while I wait for my truck to get fixed.

7. And then I'll pay with as much cash as I can get out of the ATM because my credit card has a really small limit and I've already used some, so I don't have enough credit for full cost of the repairs.

I feel like a poor person today. It's like being homeless and having foreign money you can't use. It's like being an unwanted nobody. I was actually thinking I'd have to sit in a coffeehouse until it closed, then find a bar until it closed and then go freeze to death in some park without a jacket for 4 hours until I could go back to the coffeehouse. But I'll be okay so long as the boyfriend's car doesn't break down on the way here. Wherever the heck I am.
    Um, excuse me ma'am, you could've called me. In fact, you still can. You ok now? Let me know. I will not feel put out or anything! Yes, I have bad days all the time. But I live on Southern California where the beach is a 3 minutes ride away. How could I possibly focus on the negative while this close to the beautiful ocean? This is what I tell myself and it makes me smile. Anyway, call me if you need ANYTHING!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Ugh, I hate car trouble especially out of town and in a big city, like LA. That really sucks.

My mini bad day is that my spellcheck isn't working. I asked my IT guy (my son) and he couldn't make it work either. Of all the times for it to happen this isn't a good time, I'm working on a resume and filling out an application online.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Orange is offline Member
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad day. Remind yourself that health is wealth, that is how I maintain perspective on days when I wish I had never got out of bed!

BannanaGuy is offline Member
    I am just a teenager, and I can understand.
    I sometimes have rough days, but I always tell me self I can always go through it, just like the previous rough days I have went through. Or that it's just destiny, and it needed to happen, maybe to be prepare and overcome something more dramatic in the near future.

Pamela M is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    BananaGuy has a point. Life is a series of things that go wrong and go right. We've all had days where the whole world seems to conspire against us. Then again, we've had those days where everything goes right. And each of those days brings something into our life that makes it what it is. From the one, we gain valuable lessons, from the other we get rewards beyond what we feel entitled to. But both are necessary and have a purpose, and as long as you can remember that while in the midst of seeming chaos, you'll be able to take it all on. In the meantime, I send you a virtual hug and you can bet, it's a good strong one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast