Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Does this look? page

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member

How Does this look?

Primal Fuel
    bfast: 4 whole eggs(hardboiled)
    snack: handful of walnuts
    lunch: grilled chicken breast salad with olive oil, broccoli, red peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms,
    snack: peach, handful of walnuts
    dinner: grilled chicken breast, broccoli
    snack: (post workout) 1 scoop whey, 1/2 cup wild blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds, 1 small banana

Is this acceptable to be called Primal?

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    first, what are your goals? are you obese working mainly towards weight loss? are you looking to bulk up? whats your current weight? how old are you? do you exercise? do you take vitamins or supplements? what kind?

that meal plan is primal, yes, but its missing fat. a good place to start is to have at least half of your calories come from fat.
    good sources of fats include:
    butter
    coconut oil
    lard
    beef tallow

Do you eat beef? if not, start today! Purchase clean meat (no antibiotics or hormones) and preferably grass-fed to balance out the omega-6s from your walnuts. Eat clean, grassfed organs like liver and heart too. have fun with it!

Purchase wild salmon and other wild, oily fish. wild caught shrimp, scallops, lobster, etc are also insanely delicious

all the need for snacking is probably due to hunger from the lack of fat. eat more at meal time and the need for constant snacking will be eliminated.
    Last edited by lmyers04; 07-08-2010 at 02:25 PM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Needs more fat. May eventually wanna ditch some of the walnuts. Other than that, looks good.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

MattyD is offline Member
    Why you planning to snack? Most people eat 1 to 3 times daily.

Make your meals more interesting, these are quite bland. JUST EGGS FOR BREAKFAST? I would be eating sausage and plenty of bacon aswell!

Look at the recipes for ideas.

My favourites include, liver and onions, slow cooked meat from a crock pot, salmon and always enjoy a curry!

batty is offline Senior Member
    your meal plan is decidedly lacking bacon.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

26 yrs old, 185lbs 5'11, trying lose midsection fat. saw this lifestyle and it looked amazing. what is the main use of the coconut oil? have wild salmon in the fridge for tomorrow. I was only snacking because i am so used to 6 small meals per day from weight lifting. exercise 5-6 days per week.

and real quick? why so much bacon? i have been eating turkey bacon, any good from that?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You sound like someone approaching nutrition from the angle of a bodybuilder. Grilled chicken, the king of meats. Hardly. As was stated in the other thread (where you still ought to be, I think), you need to eat beef and other meats. Fatty meats.

And yes, for the love of Joe Pesci, don't plan on snacking!! That "6 small meals a day" thing is horseshit.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoreo View Post
    i have been eating turkey bacon, any good from that?
    Turkeys can't produce bacon: that stuff is made in a lab. If you're going to eat bacon, eat stuff cut from a nice fatty land animal. Otherwise, forego this yummy indulgence.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bacon and coconut oil are great sources of saturated fat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast