Thread: Safe Nuts for People with Food Allergies page

NewlyPrimed is offline Member

Safe Nuts for People with Food Allergies

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone,
    I have a pile of food allergies and intolerances per IGE and IGG tests. I am also sensitive to the full range of high FODMAP foods. Almonds, cashews, peanuts,* and coconut* are among my favorite foods but I have a lot of trouble digesting them and they produce other symptoms as well (achy joints, etc.). I seem to be able to eat Macadamias without trouble. Are there other safe nuts out there me to try?

*Not actually tree nuts.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Per Mark, Macadamias are the most Primal (but I seem allergic to them. Can't afford anyway.) Beyond that, there is lots of variation. I would say to experiment.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

catgirl320 is online now Senior Member
    I'm assuming you are doing some sort of aip with an introduction period for each food? All of them are potential allergens so there can't really be a blanket recommendation of one is safer since it depends on your issues. Some people doing aip have success if their reaction is a digestive problem, by soaking and sprouting the nuts. I haven't tried it yet, since I'm fine with an occasional handful of cashews. But if you want to try soaking/sprouting eliminate them all for a couple of weeks, then pick the one you like best of the ones giving you trouble and see what happens. Self experimentation is fun