Thread: New book by Diane Ackerman: "The Human Age" page

Robyn is offline Member

New book by Diane Ackerman: "The Human Age"

Primal Fuel
    If you've loved any of Diane Ackerman's other books such as "A Natural History of the Senses", you might want to check out her latest, called "The Human Age: The World Shaped By Us". Just came out Sept 10.

The Human Age: The World Shaped By Us: Diane Ackerman: 9780393240740: Amazon.com: Books

Here's a blurb I received today from the CA Academy of Sciences in SF:

"Poet, essayist, and naturalist, Diane Ackerman is the author of two dozen highly acclaimed works of nonfiction and poetry, including The Zookeeper's Wife and A Natural History of the Senses ― books beloved by millions of readers all over the world. In prose so rich and evocative that one can feel the earth turning beneath one’s feet as one reads, Ackerman’s thrilling observations urge us to live in the moment, to wake up to nature’s everyday miracles. Diane Ackerman's forthcoming nonfiction book The Human Age: the world shaped by us, celebrates the natural world and human ingenuity, while exploring how the human race has become the single dominant force of change on the whole planet, and the many earth-shaking changes that now affect every part of our lives and those of our fellow creatures."

Note: I don't benefit in any way from posting this info. Just thought the Primal Peeps might find it interesting.
    I do whatever my microbiome tells me.

Energy! is online now Senior Member
    She was interviewed on an NPR radio show, forget which one. She was quite optimistic about the future of humanity, which I have to admit is difficult for me at times. However, I'm fairly good at sticking my head in the sand. Anyway, the book sounded fascinating.

Robyn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy! View Post
    She was interviewed on an NPR radio show...
    Ahh, I'll look for it. Would love to hear what she said.
    I do whatever my microbiome tells me.