Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast page

chasbuddy is offline Senior Member

Breakfast

Primal Fuel
    This has to be the hardest meal of the day. Green doesn't really work for me at Oh Dark Thirty AM. Eggs are way too much food (scrambled with assorted stuff thrown in like bacon, onions etc etc) so I guess I'm looking for some other stuff to eat. I seized on the pancake recipe mentioned earlier but I doubt I can find ingredients out here in prairie dog town. I will look harder. I'm trying to replace my cereal, oatmeal and or toast. Just something small to begin my day without messing up the whole kitchen to get going in the AM. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...Chas

Chunster495 is offline Member
    Just fast and grab a cup of black coffee if you really need it.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I second skipping breakfast. I used to be a "eat breakfast every day no matter what" kinda guy even for the first few months of the PB, but now I have been habitually skipping breakfast for months.

rozska is offline Senior Member
    Can you cook your eggs ahead of time? There are a couple of recipes out here for "egg muffins" -- basically put everything you would into your scrambled eggs, pour into muffin tins and bake. Eat 2-3 a day for breakfast instead.

Make smoothies the night before, so all you have to do is grab one in the morning.

A spoonful of crushed nuts, 1/4 to 1/2 avocado and a splash of heavy cream makes an excellent cereal replacement. With bacon (which again, you can fry up ahead of time.)

Cottage cheese (full fat) with any kind of berries.

Greek yogurt (full fat) with any kind of berries. Or avocado.

A can of tuna with some nuts and avocado.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head. . .
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast is still a problem for me. eggseggseggseggseggs... Blech.

For my sensibilities, eggs or bacon and eggs or sausage and eggs are more of a late-morning/brunch/special occasion thing, and the idea of savory-flavored vegetables or leftovers (other than pizza!!! I dream of cold pizza!!!!) in the am makes me gag. I've gotten better so that I sometimes like/prefer the meat and eggs options, but it's certainly NOT "more often than not."

A gob of cottage cheese or Greek yogurt or ricotta, with a bit of frozen berries, and some chopped nuts, has become my more-often-than-not choice. Unless I just do coffee and nuts. Once in a while I make a smoothie. Sometimes I have cheese and a (gasp) Wasa cracker or Ezekiel bread, but I know that's heresy.

But I wouldn't be happy if I weren't a heretic, so what's a girl to do?

Thanks folks. I had not given any consideration to the muffin thing, but then again that is eggs. I have a ton of frozen blueberries we buy while on sale so I will try to find some yogurt and perhaps pair it up with cottage cheese too. I do fast a lot of time but since my wife is supporting my efforts by eating the same stuff I am and not complaining about having to give up her cupcakes I have to find something for her to chunk down in the morning. I really appreciate all the feedback. Thanks!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    How about coconut flour pancakes? Made with eggs but w/e.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    Breakfast for me this morning is coffee with coconut milk, a little nutmeg and cinnamon, and a few drops of stevia.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Breakfast for me this morning is coffee with coconut milk, a little nutmeg and cinnamon, and a few drops of stevia.
    My breakfast is almost exactly the same as yours except I added a few things to go with my coffee and coconut milk.

I just added in three eggs and salsa, four slices of bacon, and a cup or so of blueberries under my coconut milk.

Oh and a chunk of creamed coconut.

So yeah I just added a little bit to the coffee, otherwise it was just like yours!

ROFLMAO..IM very new to all of this so I now have a couple of words to search; stevia and coconut flower. I have never purchased any but saw a recipe for some yummy pancakes at Kathryn's blog site this morning and here yesterday. She used stevia in that yummy looking compote thingy in the picture. Saturday seems like a nice day to reward success with a pancake or two before waddling out to the farmers market.
    Kathryn site: http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast