Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whole30 Detox/Cleanse/PB Restart Anyone else doing it??? page

alexa85 is offline Senior Member

Whole30 Detox/Cleanse/PB Restart Anyone else doing it???

hey ya'll
    a few of us were tossing around the idea of starting the whole30 after the 4th of july and doing a thread for it....so here goes.
    my partner and i started it on the fifth as planned. everything is going well so far. the dairy part is hard but i am getting through it. we used to like to indulge with mixed berries, a lil bit of heavy whipping cream or greek yogurt, and a sprinkle of sun crystals...last night we tried the mixed berries with coconut milk and no sun crystals and it was excellent. we switched our coffee to hazlenut so that makes drinking it black more tolerable. i am having some sweet cravings, but i think it's more mental than anything. i feel great!
    anyone else doing it too?
    i will maintain the truth
    i knew naturally as a child
    i won't forfeit my creativity
    to a world that's all laid out for me
    i'll look at everything around me
    and i will vow to bear in mind
    that all of this was just someone's idea
    it could just as well be mine - ani difranco

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    yep, my wife and I started the 5th as well. We have family coming down the 27th so it won't be a full 30 for us, but when we originally went paleo we started it off with the whole30. So far so good. Feeling great and still enjoying everything we eat. We decided to remove fruit completely this time, but are trying sweet potatoes and yams occasionally post work out.

wow, i had a bad day yesterday with cravings! i don't think i had cravings like that when i began PB in april. we were out shopping and sat down at sort of an upscale chain restaurant and the first thing i wanted was a sandwich...then after i ordered a salad with absolutely no cheese i ordered ranch dressing :::FAIL::: after remembering what the heck i was doing, i got a balsamic vinagerette instead. geez, then after we left there were ice cream shops, cookie stores, and sno cones all over the place taunting me.
    we are sticking to the 30 day thing, but have not cut out fruit. i don't think i could maintain for 30 days without it and cutting out everything else. grains and legumes are easy for me...its the dairy that's hard for me.
    but it was a lesson learned, i don't need to eat out until after we complete the thirty days. it's nearly impossible to find something without legumes, dairy, grains, sugar, and gluten.

Yeah eating out when strict is rarely any fun. The weekend was rough for me with cravings too. That's one of the reasons we decided to do this again though. We tend to be very strict during the week and cut loose on the weekends. I don't think it was hurting us much, but we wanted to get a handle on the whole "reward yourself every weekend with a treat" thing, and also see where our body comp could go if we went super strict, carb cycling, 1-2 16 hour IF's per week etc. Basically, this is certainly not how we plan to live permanently as it's too strict and not sustainable, but a sort of "if we do everything perfect, where could we get to?" experiment.

So far not much has changed body comp wise, but on the plus side that makes me feel less bad about the occasional cheats we normally have. We'll see what happens towards the end of the challenge though. I do think my gym performance has improved, and that's always a good feeling.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa85 View Post
    wow, i had a bad day yesterday with cravings! i don't think i had cravings like that when i began PB in april. we were out shopping and sat down at sort of an upscale chain restaurant and the first thing i wanted was a sandwich...then after i ordered a salad with absolutely no cheese i ordered ranch dressing :::FAIL::: after remembering what the heck i was doing, i got a balsamic vinagerette instead. geez, then after we left there were ice cream shops, cookie stores, and sno cones all over the place taunting me.
    we are sticking to the 30 day thing, but have not cut out fruit. i don't think i could maintain for 30 days without it and cutting out everything else. grains and legumes are easy for me...its the dairy that's hard for me.
    but it was a lesson learned, i don't need to eat out until after we complete the thirty days. it's nearly impossible to find something without legumes, dairy, grains, sugar, and gluten.
    All I can say is good luck, but what I really want to say is your signature is awesome! No joke!

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Fern is offline Senior Member
    This is the first I have heard of this Whole30 but I am going to start tomorrow! I am a little late at starting but better late than never. The only day I see this being a challenge is on the 25th we are going to the Colorado Renaissance Festival but they have turkey legs so I will just eat those or IF that day.

@egy - thanks! loooove ani! are you a fan as well?
    cool fern, i hadn't heard of it either until probably a week before we started it
    we have already started talking about life post whole30 which will end for us on August 3rd. we are still up in the air about a few things...i can definitely stick to black coffee and unsweetened hot tea. we may also try to continue abstaining from alcohol until we go on our cruise at the end of september, but this is still up for debate. we were waaaay over doing the greek yogurt so if we allow that back in it will be on a much smaller scale and as a treat not a staple. i will switch from cow's milk to goat milk or use none at all. i've been making coconut milk, and my partner loves it, which is good because she's lactose intolerant anyways!

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa85 View Post
    @egy - thanks! loooove ani! are you a fan as well?
    cool fern, i hadn't heard of it either until probably a week before we started it
    we have already started talking about life post whole30 which will end for us on August 3rd. we are still up in the air about a few things...i can definitely stick to black coffee and unsweetened hot tea. we may also try to continue abstaining from alcohol until we go on our cruise at the end of september, but this is still up for debate. we were waaaay over doing the greek yogurt so if we allow that back in it will be on a much smaller scale and as a treat not a staple. i will switch from cow's milk to goat milk or use none at all. i've been making coconut milk, and my partner loves it, which is good because she's lactose intolerant anyways!
    Im a huge quote reader/hoarder and I hadn't come across any of hers to be honest, but now I am most definitely a fan! Thanks!

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

@EGY, no problem! you should definitely check her out, she's AMAZING! not to mention a guitar genius!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It appears that some body comp changes are happening after all for me, so that's cool. My wife doesn't think she's changed at all so far though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast