Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Critique diet new guy here :-) page

  1. #1
    Graham23's Avatar
    Graham23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    22

    Critique diet new guy here :-)

    Just a rough rundown of what I eat:
    Sample day 1
    Breakfast
    3 eggs and apple

    Snack
    Tuna , mixed nuts and mixed berries

    Lunch
    2 chicken breasts , mixed vegetables , tablespoon almond butter

    Dinner
    2 chicken breast stir fry with onions , garlic , peppers with cheese grated over them

    Sample day 2
    Breakfast
    2 protein scoops , 1 tablespoon almond butter in coconut milk

    Snack
    50g beef jerky , apple

    Lunch
    2 chicken breasts , mixed vegetables

    Snack
    Mixed nuts , cheese , protein drink or can of tuna

    Dinner
    2 chicken breasts , mixed vegetables

    Everything is either fried or coked with coconut oil , sometimes drizzle olive oil over certain things , my goal is fat loss

    I'm 5 ft 10 and 180 pounds my goal is to get to 167 - 170 pounds I'm eating around 1800 - 2000 kcal not reli strict on counting kcals just did it 1 day and came out with 1895. Not exercising at the minute have another 2 weeks of recovery from surgery before I can do anything , any critique or questions go right ahead , new to primal lifestyle any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Mr. Anthony's Avatar
    Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,715
    Why so many chicken breasts?

    Sent via lightsaber

  3. #3
    PinkAeryse's Avatar
    PinkAeryse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    127
    its really a wait and see approach...have you read all the primal blueprint literature available here? what about marks book? it really is a great starting point. i only eat blueberries, a quarter cup every couple of days. when im in doubt about portion size of fruit/seeds i just think "how often and how difficult would this be to forage?" so...i kindof go by that. i also dont eat too much protein, as too much for your body to use for repair and it gets converted to glucose...i started about three weeks ago, on the 13th of august...im over the fogginess. im really eating very low carb for ultimate fat burn.

    i'd just wait and see, if you dont start losing, tweak it here and there. other members will be sure to chime in with suggestions and opinions.

  4. #4
    john_e_turner_ii's Avatar
    john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Posts
    2,104
    That's a lot of protein. Not that protein is bad, but it seems to be a lot. Still, it might work, so just give it some time to see.

  5. #5
    Graham23's Avatar
    Graham23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Why so many chicken breasts?

    Sent via lightsaber
    First off thanks for reply , and to answer your question there is a number of reasons , for me it's white meat only as any form of red meat doesn't agree with my crohns , and as I hate vegetables it's gong to have to be a 1:1 ratio of chicken to veg if I'm gona eat veg , if 1/4 of my plate was chicken and the rest was veg I'd never finish the veg , and the last and most important reason is I LOVE CHICKEN BREASTS

  6. #6
    Graham23's Avatar
    Graham23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkAeryse View Post
    its really a wait and see approach...have you read all the primal blueprint literature available here? what about marks book? it really is a great starting point. i only eat blueberries, a quarter cup every couple of days. when im in doubt about portion size of fruit/seeds i just think "how often and how difficult would this be to forage?" so...i kindof go by that. i also dont eat too much protein, as too much for your body to use for repair and it gets converted to glucose...i started about three weeks ago, on the 13th of august...im over the fogginess. im really eating very low carb for ultimate fat burn.
    i'd just wait and see, if you dont start losing, tweak it here and there. other members will be sure to chime in with suggestions and opinions.
    Thanks for the input unfortunately reading isn't my best trait (processing information from literature), but I will look up YouTube for videos as I'm better at visual , and I try and listen to my body and try and sense when my stomach is empty for my next meal dats why sometimes it's 3 meals other days it's 4 or 5 meals , will try and cut down on protein consumption gona try and cut out the protein powders starting to upset stomach lately , will try and mix in some ground turkey or something else instead
    Last edited by Graham23; 09-06-2014 at 06:39 AM.

  7. #7
    Graham23's Avatar
    Graham23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    That's a lot of protein. Not that protein is bad, but it seems to be a lot. Still, it might work, so just give it some time to see.
    When I checked calorie and macros one day it said it worked out at 180g protein , I've heard of protein toxicity but I don't think 180g would be in that "danger" range , what do you think?

  8. #8
    noodletoy's Avatar
    noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    land of the glass pinecones
    Posts
    3,324
    are you buying conventional supermarket chicken breasts? they are not very nutritious, so i don't know how well you will fare with that as your main protein source. what about other types of birds? other fish besides tuna? organs? chicken liver or hearts? red meat can cover a lot of territory. do you mean all ruminants, or just beef?

    i'd add some other fruits and either potato or rice a few times per week.

    nuts tend to stall weight loss for lots of peeps, as does the snacky-snacky habit. just eat bigger meals.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

    Ernest Hemingway

  9. #9
    Graham23's Avatar
    Graham23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    are you buying conventional supermarket chicken breasts? they are not very nutritious, so i don't know how well you will fare with that as your main protein source. what about other types of birds? other fish besides tuna? organs? chicken liver or hearts? red meat can cover a lot of territory. do you mean all ruminants, or just beef?

    i'd add some other fruits and either potato or rice a few times per week.

    nuts tend to stall weight loss for lots of peeps, as does the snacky-snacky habit. just eat bigger meals.
    No my breast are organic , basically for me it's any kind of steak , ground beef pork chops , pork sausages , was thinking of limiting fish due to pollutants in waters and maybe taking a fish oil instead , was thinking of having turkey ( breast or ground) and duck , and was definitely thinking of occasionally having some wild or brown rice and sweet potatoe aswell , fortunately if never had that problem with nuts always ate them when trying to make weight for MMA , and will take the information bout bigger meals less snacks in thanks

  10. #10
    noodletoy's Avatar
    noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    land of the glass pinecones
    Posts
    3,324
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    veal, lamb, goat?; game birds like duck, pheasant, squab, woodcock; oogly bits like chicken feet and livers for gelatin and trace minerals; small wild fish that are low on the food chain like mackerel and herring or shellfish like oysters and clams; eggs; white rice and white potatoes are generally considered "safe starches" and easier on the gut than brown rice or sweet potato; gelatin and bone broth. do not fear fruit, especially if you're not fond of vegetables. forcing yourself to eat foods you don't like won't last.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

    Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •