Thread: Lichen Planus page

Snappeas is offline Junior Member

Lichen Planus

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello,

I don't eat Paleo, but get the concept. I eat somewhat healthy. I have a skin disease called "lichen planus" it's pretty much incurable and no one knows how someone gets it. The number one cause of it is stress, I need to de-stress somehow. Anyways just popping in to see if there are certain foods to help this condition, or if anyone else on here has it and can shed some light of their experiences of how to treat it naturally, if you will.

Thanks!

It's an autoimmune disease, so I would sure start with going gluten free. Gluten exacerbates many an autoimmune disease.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    as does dairy.

what do you do to relieve stress? how is sleep? what is your daily activity like? define eating "somewhat healthy"?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

BJDMINN is offline Member
    Check out thepaleomom.com. She healed/controls her lichen planus with an auto immune version of the paleo diet. Her book, The Paleo Approach, is a wealth of information and she's got the chops to back it up. She has her doctorate in medical biophysics and has done tireless research on autoimmunity and particularly lichen planus.

Snappeas is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    as does dairy.

what do you do to relieve stress? how is sleep? what is your daily activity like? define eating "somewhat healthy"?
    As far as activity I have been active my whole life, I'm 43. Played sports growing up. Been running for 20+ years doing half marathons and marathons, I like to do body weight exercises. My wife and I just had my third child born this April so sleep has been horrible. We have two boys 7 and 4 and 4 month old, life is busy! My running has slowed down a bit as well. I'm not into deserts, pastries, donuts, etc. I stay away from processed foods, try at least. I eat pizza, pasta, like I said I'm not 100% paleo. I don't drink milk, but will have the occasional milk in my coffee, but just last week I went back to drinking coffee black, nothing in it.