Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: To Dairy, or not to Dairy, that is the question.. :) page

Ernst is offline Member

To Dairy, or not to Dairy, that is the question.. :)

So I've been Paleo for over a month now, strict. I would love to have cheese and butter in my cooking and dishes, and my paleo burgers. But man, I just don't know if I should or not.

I see a lot of people on this board that use some form of dairy, mainly butter and it just makes me want to use it toooooo.

Question, who's all for dairy and who is against? And how would I tell if it's effecting me?

Roach is offline Senior Member
    For. I have dairy everyday in the form of raw milk and Kerrygold butter. I'm still leaning out without much effort. Would I be leaner without the dairy? Maybe. But the enjoyment I get from the milk and butter is more important to me.

The only way to tell how it's affecting you is to try it for a bit then stop ingesting it for a while and then compare.

Jedi is offline Member
    Ernst just try it. I have dairy daily no problems and as you haven't been eating it you will soon know if you have an intolerance or it seems to hinder you in any way. My nutrition is very much based on personal trial and error

Ernst is offline Member
    Yeah most definitely. I actually drank lots and lots of milk during my high school year, 3+ big glasses a day. I've only stopped dairy since going Paleo and it's been a month.

It's the lactose part that I am afraid of as I am of oriental race and I'm just thinking did I build up a tolerance to dairy? I'm not the smartest when it comes to dairy and lactose intolerance but when any of my family members drink it, they have bad diarrhea and feel really gassy. My only concern is will dairy hinder my performance but I guess that is a project in all its own. Do any of you guys feel a bit gassy, I can't recall as it's been a month and I just don't remember.

JeanPatrick is offline Senior Member
    Here is my non biased post about dairy (providing arguments for and against dairy consumption).

Click me
    Living the hard way has never been so easy!
    My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

Khrystyna is offline Senior Member
    I'm against dairy although from a foodies perspective I love it dearly, partly because it really aggravates my IBS but partly because there's still so much we don't know for sure about it (and most importantly the proteins) and you won't necessarily be able to tell if it's doing you any harm or not because it's not just digestive discomfort it may be involved in. Butters probably ok though, pretty much just fat, it's the proteins that worry me.
    My primal adventures:
    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/
    Cooking, nutrition, gardening, foraging, preserving, photography

Russ is offline Senior Member
    I still do some dairly, mainly butter, and some hard chesses (rare)

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    I eat lots and lots of dairy. I could chug milk and cream by the gallon. Dairy is fine, assuming you can digest it. Great source of fat and protein, and the sugars are hard to digest, so it doesn't spike your blood sugar (Correct?). I love it as a post workout snack, or just something yummy with dinner
    Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

Khrystyna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsister View Post
    and the sugars are hard to digest, so it doesn't spike your blood sugar (Correct?).
    To the best of my knowledge lactose is actually highly insulinogenic.
    My primal adventures:
    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/
    Cooking, nutrition, gardening, foraging, preserving, photography

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wish I could tolerate dairy cause its delicous, but it messes up my digestion and makes me feel yucky. Butter is fine tho, and occasional use of hard cheese. Heavey cream, soft cheese, yogurt all give me bubbly bloat guts.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast