Thread: Collagen absorption page

joeyd is offline Member

Collagen absorption

Can anyone recommend supplements or foods that help to increase the absorption of collagen - I take Great Lakes collagen in the morning with some vit c.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Can anyone recommend supplements or foods that help to increase the absorption of collagen - I take Great Lakes collagen in the morning with some vit c.
    Sulfur is necessary for the proper formation of keratin which is largely made up of collagen and sulfur combined. It is necessary for the formation of healthy skin and nails and hair.

So, get your sulfur! Eat onions, garlic, take some MSM...

Not to mention glutathione (your body's master antioxidant) is primarily made up of several sulfur-bearing amino acids that are formed when sulfur is plentiful in the body.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."