Thread: Completely unnecessary gadget time! page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

Completely unnecessary gadget time!

Shop Now
    Okay so awhile back I posted a link to something called Stufz:
    http://www.stufz.net/

Today I stumbled across this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Eggspress-Micr...8554780&sr=1-1

I am oddly fascinated by this device and if it really makes eggs like that I can't help but think its the most amazing thing... ever.

What devices have you seen that you want even if it is completely unnecessary? What kitchen devices have you BOUGHT that are a complete frivolous purchase?

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    The egg thing does not appeal to me; microwaved eggs feel rubbery to me. Besides, eggs are like the easiest thing in the world to cook.

But that Stufz mold...I am seriously tempted to order one of those right now! I missed your original post on that.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I've had microwave egg cookers in the past. I'm actually selling the one I have, since I nolonger have a microwave. I've learned being without a microwave is a huge pain in the azz when you want food in a hurry though.

I'm sort of minimalist in the kitchen. My dad buys me lots of gadgets that I never use. I'm selling a lot of them at the yard sale this weekend.

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    On the other side of the same coin is gadgets that have been rendered useless because of not eating poisonous foods. Namely, the toaster! I can't think of an alternate use.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Haha... I gave away not a just a toaster... but a hotdog & bun toaster. Yup... a toaster dedicated soley to cooking hotdogs and toasting buns at the same time. Also gave away a quesadilla maker, and a regular toaster. I still have a toaster oven. That reminds me... that can go in the yard sale pile!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    We have a couple gadgets given to us at the wedding that will probably never be used: garlic press (we microplane the garlic), toaster, quesadilla maker, sandiwch press, coffee maker (neither of us are coffee people, it was from a distant relative,) juicer (designed solely for citrus fruit), and a zester (again, we use the microplane.)
    Probably the only gadgets in our kitchen that we use that could loosely fall under unitasker (aside from the fire extinguisher) is the knife sharpening kit (and that'll stay only a sharpening kit), and a rice maker (husband's not primal, yet).
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Why would you want to get rid of a toaster oven? I love mine! It's perfect for "Side Cooking" like when I am baking fish and need to bake a sweet potato at the same time!

Well, unless yours is less of an oven and more of a toaster or something.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Since stopping making anything using grains, the pasta making machine one of my sisters gave me is totally redundant. But I don't feel I can give away a present!

Also the bread making machine - not been used in months and months. Sandwich toasting machine, pasta extruder (made super macaroni, rigatoni etc) , grain mill, yorkshire pudding tins - loads of kit I used to consider necessary but now is just taking up cupboard space.

StillWild is offline Member
    I could never live without my toaster oven! It's perfect for roasting veggies or Cornish Hens. Brush the hens with a little olive oil and the skin comes out all nice and crispy.

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Just to add to the "what the?" devices... here is one for you Rivvin!

http://www.thekitchenstore.com/eggcuber.html

How does it work?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast