Thread: 3-day water fast to get back on track? page

vinganca is offline Junior Member

3-day water fast to get back on track?

Primal Fuel
    i was doing really well for almost this entire year, but then something upsetting happened about a month ago and i stupidly reacted to it by treating myself like crap and going back to the old ways of eating mostly processed carb nonsense.

i'm thinking about doing a 3-day water fast to jump-start my getting back on track diet-wise. i suspect it would be three days of feeling like hell, going from SAD to just water, but i generally find cold turkey works better with anything i'm trying to quit or change.

have you done it? would you recommend it? why/why not?

thanks

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vinganca View Post
    i was doing really well for almost this entire year, but then something upsetting happened about a month ago and i stupidly reacted to it by treating myself like crap and going back to the old ways of eating mostly processed carb nonsense.

i'm thinking about doing a 3-day water fast to jump-start my getting back on track diet-wise. i suspect it would be three days of feeling like hell, going from SAD to just water, but i generally find cold turkey works better with anything i'm trying to quit or change.

have you done it? would you recommend it? why/why not?

thanks
    It can't hurt but make sure you have the time and space for it, have quiet for the whole duration, but especially the first 2 days. It is a nice opportunity for introspection and meditation.

eats.meats.west is online now Senior Member
    Could I? Sure. Would I, not really as 1 day fast was enough to show me that I can do it. Your case sounds like you simply fell off the wagon and now just go back to eating well, don't see any point in 3 days of water only.

danco is offline Junior Member
    I also think 3 days with just water, is unneeded to give your self a kick start. I suffer with bipolar and other self hating problems that used to make me eat and eat when things got bad.
    I did a one day fast (with water) second day I only had green smoothies. That's all it took for body to kick my mind in to action.
    But if your happy with 3 days and that's what you want to do, then you should do it. But do eat really lite when you brake your fast, maybe have green smoothie with some fruit.
    Good luck and don't kick your self just keep moving forwards but don't forget that there is always tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Why? How about just eat good food? Punishing yourself after a perdiod of eating poorly or emotional eating sounds like severely disordered behavior.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Nillos is online now Senior Member
    Agree with not on the rug.
    This sounds like a recipe for disaster. Fasting is all good if you're already in a good place or only have access to bad food for a few days - it isn't something you should do if you're already in turmoil.

God
    God is offline Member
    Gosh, that's such a terrible fucking idea.

If you really have to do that DO NOT DRINK WATER BY ITSELF. You will seriously fuck up your electrolyte balance.

Put salt in the water.
    Last edited by God; 08-30-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vinganca View Post
    but i generally find cold turkey works better with anything i'm trying to quit or change.
    So go cold turkey on eating shitty food then! Don't go cold turkey on eating all food, my god. How do you think you'll feel on day 4 when it's time to get back to eating? You'll eat your utensils if you're not careful.

After a month of eating crap, just going to super strict primal eating will be difficult enough. Throwing forced starvation into the mix probably isn't the best idea in the world.

I'm all for random periods of fasting, but going from terrible eating to 3 days of starvation will do you zero good. You need to already be in a good place and have things rolling along super smoothly before you start fasting, IMO.