Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creamed Coconut page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

Creamed Coconut

Okay now that i've got Rph's attention...

How the heck do you guys eat this stuff? I bought a six pack from amazon and now I have six little packets of white liquid.

Do I need to freeze it or something?

Also holy crap this stuff is high in calories for such a little packet, I have no idea how I'm going to control my calorie count if these are as good as you guys made them out to be!

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I melt it, stir in some cocoa powder, and then keep it in a warm place (ie. on top of the microwave or fridge) and eat it with a spoon. Great substitute for my nut butter addictions. At cooler room temperatures it is solid but in these hot summer months it softens up even in the cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    I melt it, stir in some cocoa powder, and then keep it in a warm place (ie. on top of the microwave or fridge) and eat it with a spoon. Great substitute for my nut butter addictions. At cooler room temperatures it is solid but in these hot summer months it softens up even in the cupboard.
    How long does it keep this way if I were to put it in a little plastic container after opening and mixing?

I don't know (the longest it lasts around my house is a week before it gets eaten) but I'd imagine it would be good for a fair amount of time. The little airtight packets in their original packaging can sit in your cupboard for months. But once it's open, I wouldn't give it more than a few weeks unless you keep it in the fridge.

Pessimist is offline Senior Member
    I open the package
    I open my mouth
    next thing I know I am waking from a delectable coconut infused dream

I also throw it in the fridge. Turns into a block of HEAVEN
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Pessimist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    How long does it keep this way if I were to put it in a little plastic container after opening and mixing?
    I originally bought the cream to cook with, so would only need a tablespoon here and there. My open package lasted for months on the shelf, never went rancid on me. It wasn't quite so hot out as it is now though.
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

thanks guys, I'll probably just eat a spoon full or two out of the little baggy it came in and then seal it with a chip clip in the fridge

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Mash the white liquid inside the plastic bag

store it in fridge. in a few minutes it should be hardened.

enjoy!!

You could also open the bag and stir in some cocoa powder, then pour it in a container and put it in the fridge. I have yet to try this.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Holeeeeeeeeee crap this stuff is great.

I put it int he fridge and it turned into a brick, so I cut it out of its package onto a plate and sliced a chunk off and ate it straight like a candy bar. Oh my god it was amazing.

I couldn't help it, I cut another hunk off and microwaved it for a second and then mixed it with stevia and cocoa powder. Good god it was amazing.

Guys, I lost 150 pounds on this diet and this stuff is going to make me put 150 back on its so damn good.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know, I just recently discovered it myself and I don't understand why it wasn't brought to my attention earlier!! Major fail, MDA! This definitely needs to somehow be incorporated into the PB101!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast