Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just another sleazy Quack Doctor extolling the virtues of "healthy bread" page

zebonaut is offline Senior Member

Just another sleazy Quack Doctor extolling the virtues of "healthy bread"

Shop Now
    doubtless getting paid money under the table by various multinational Big Ag Corporations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7avquBgmbM

Youtube comments seem disabled; I wonder why?

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Well, bread can be part of a healthy diet. I haven't seen the vid, however, since I have no sound here at work.

M.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Well, bread can be part of a healthy diet. I haven't seen the vid, however, since I have no sound here at work.

M.
    Yeah... I occasionally eat 100% rye bread. It's the kind of bread that absolutely requires butter or a nice piece of pork sausage. Of course, I don't seem to be spectacularly gluten intolerant.

I can't look at it either, I'm at work too. XD

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    But I thought bread was "the staff of life"?

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Only in the bible.

I got to watch the vid; just canned dialogue discussing store bought bread, really.

M.

Nillos is online now Senior Member
    The main issue I see with this is how he only focusses on whole grain vs white/colored bread.
    Ignoring issues like added sugars, preservatives and whatnot can be found in packaged bread.
    Quote Originally Posted by zebonaut View Post
    Youtube comments seem disabled; I wonder why?
    Can comment it just fine.
    doubtless getting paid money under the table by various multinational Big Ag Corporations:
    If so he could have just skipped his recommendations (which seem okay for the most part)
    Last edited by Nillos; Yesterday at 07:55 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The idea that there is a huge difference between whole grain bread and white bread is a myth. The difference is tiny, much smaller than the similarities.

Most people don't understand the differences in package labeling terms, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was funded by big agriculture. It doesn't even acknowledge the idea that there are people who absolutely shouldn't eat gluten grains. The original questioner could be one of those people who is asking because of specific health concerns. The message that "anyone can and should eat plenty of whole grain bread as part of their healthy diet" is suspect.

Comments are not disabled, they are moderated. If no comments have been posted in 16 months, that means the channel is not approving any.

zebonaut is offline Senior Member
    No mention of the high glycemic contect of bread, no mention of the resultant hyperinsulinemia, the gliadin addiction, and weight gain

Nillos is online now Senior Member
    That video has 11 upvotes and no downvotes - it's pretty normal for videos with less than 100 votes to have no comments on them.
    No mention of the high glycemic contect of bread, no mention of the resultant hyperinsulinemia, the gliadin addiction, and weight gain
    All of which are probably just made up by the author of wheat belly anway.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillos View Post
    That video has 11 upvotes and no downvotes - it's pretty normal for videos with less than 100 votes to have no comments on them.
    I would say that considering it's been around for more than a year and has had over a thousand views, and that it is on a controversial topic, it's more likely that they are not approving comments. You said you were able to comment just fine, but your comment does not appear when I look at the page.

Most of my videos with 100 views have comments.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast