Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protien powder page

Chairdr is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb Protien powder

I have been using "Designer Whey" for quite some time now. Thinking about a switch to "Optimal Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey". Any thoughts????
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I like pig skin gelatin. Fleshy! No BCAAs though. That's where good ol' beef protein concentrate (BPC) comes in handy. Or even just a piece of fish and some eggs.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    When I started this program I drank the shakes but now find that eating better solves my protein intake. Good protein rich breakfast followed by a can of tuna with a huge salad, almonds, can of sardines for an afternoon snack and a fish, chicken or steak at night. The good stuff.
    Last edited by AppalachianMatt; 07-08-2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    I also enjoy eating real food in order to get my protein. But, I still enjoy protein smoothies. I personally use Now Foods Whey... No flavor only 1 g carbs. It is 100% isolate... the reviews on amazon are impossible to beat just about. I enjoy it once in a while.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    That all great for you guys, but my 20% is not eating red meat or pork (dont hate me) I love my shake after a workout. I was hoping for a little more constructive help. I will check out "Now Foods"
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

marktripp is offline Senior Member
    I use Optimum Nutrition products and LOVE them. I use 100% whey, pro complex, casein, threshold and no formula x. I find myself using the whey a lot less now that I'm primal. I use to go through about 10lbs in 3 months, I will most likely not buy another 10lb bag due to my intake being less now. I usually take 1 serving before workout and once in a while I take 2 servings as a treat. I have the casein 1 serving almost every night and I only use the pro complex post workout. I mix all of the protein with Almond breeze unsweetened vanilla.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i have jay robb vanilla but rarely use it b/c i hate eating/drinking things that are unnaturally sweetened(even tho it is stevia)

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    I use the Jay Robb too, and don't find the stevia unnatural or undesirable. The ingredient list is pretty clean, IMO. I like the chocolate flavor best.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I've used Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate for like 3 years now. Its fucking awesome.

Buy it, and ignore this thread forever because once you try it you won't stop.

Schneider is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm using "Whey and Eggs" from Pro Circuit (no MSG or derivatives)..Expensive (20$ Canadians for a pound, 15 servings of 30g, which include 25g of proteins each) but not too bad. I often use it when i don't have much time to cook or to recharge batteries after some hard work.
    Last edited by Schneider; 07-07-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast