Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoping this is a start to a new life. page

babygetoboy is offline Junior Member

Hoping this is a start to a new life.

Shop Now
    Hi everyone, a little about me. I was always a chubby child until in my early 20's I started lifting weights and using steroids. I got huge! I was about 260lbs or muscle. Slowly but surely I stopped working out and started eating terribly.

I am now 33, getting married in 2 months and am 255lbs and very overweight. I feel tired and terrible all the time. My head always hurts, all my joints hurt and I can feel my heart beating fast to take care of my body. I hate myself, the way I look, the way I feel and the way I eat. I can't stop eating bad foods at night and I need to stop.

I read the whole book last night because I was interested in hopefully finding a way out of the hole I'm in. I hope to track this in my journal.

Thanks all. I hope this will work for me.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

shuttlebug is online now Member
    It helped me to find a primal treat - for me, 86% dark chocolate melted with heavy cream and/or coconut butter is a good replacement for the ice cream that I love so much. I wish you success in your endeavor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

PinkAeryse is offline Member
    here's to hoping we ALL make it!!
    i began 9 days ago, and am losing weight, and losing hunger as well.
    when i first read about that particular side effect, i scoffed fairly heartily rolling eyes and guffawing with gusto. and here i am, day 3 actual primal (about idk, 75%, because i smoke) and im doing much better than when i started with atkins. i do smell though....heigh ho, im on the go!!

welcome from another newbie.

Height: 5'10"
    SW: 194
    CW: 189
    GW: 160

PrimalFarmGirl is offline Junior Member
    You can do this!! Congrats on your coming marriage!

Thanks everyone.

My main problem is I have no idea how to grocery shop. I don't know what to get, what to make etc.. I hate it

shuttlebug is online now Member
    Meat, fish, eggs, fruits, veggies. Butter, cream, and cheese if you do dairy. The darkest, best quality chocolate you can find. The simplest foods are usually the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

alan9692 is offline Junior Member
    for me shopping is simple if it has more than 3 or 4 ingredients or ones that you don't recognize its bad otherwise it is probably ok. there are a few acceptions though bread is one but you should know that's bad by now. a good example of this in practice is the ketchup i found 5 organic ingredients i recognize with only 1 gram sugar in a serving. it is almost as healthy as the homemade stuff
    Last edited by alan9692; 08-22-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks everyone.

So today didn't go too well. Our refrigerator is broken so it makes it very hard to shop or Cook or anything. It should be fixed tomorrow so I'll be on it tomorrow. Looks like pizza, and cinnamon rolls today. Ugh, I disgust myself

Well.... Today I ate pizza and I feel terrible about it. Every night I say this is the last night but then everyday I'm back at it. It really feels like I'm addicted. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to start? I'm so embarrassed.

jenna is offline Senior Member
    There's no magic secret, I wish there was. Mark had a great article a while back about forgiving yourself and not feeling guilty when something goes wrong, especially diet related. You slipped up, it's ok. Just accept it, try to remember all the times over the last couple days where you didn't slip up, and just pick up and move on. No big deal. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast