Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Found Pork Rinds! page

Wildrose is offline Senior Member

I Found Pork Rinds!

Primal Fuel
    Wal-mart had them! WOO HOO! Now I'm going to have to make breaded chicken tenders from my paleo comfort food book. Man, I've been looking for these things forever!

The only downside is that I fed some to the dogs. You should have seen the begging...

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Wal-mart had them! WOO HOO! Now I'm going to have to make breaded chicken tenders from my paleo comfort food book. Man, I've been looking for these things forever!

The only downside is that I fed some to the dogs. You should have seen the begging...
    Can't eat too many at one sitting (rather rich), but I like 'em too. Used in meatloaf and in burgers.

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Safeway has them too. My cats love them.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    I have to avoid them, I will literally make myself sick eating ALL the pork rinds.... #primalcrack
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

DaMaakus is online now Junior Member
    Found them recently here in Germany.

Used them to "bread" chicken breasts, filled with ham and cheese. It was pretty good!

The second bag I bought is stored here at my job, as a snack, really nice! And they stay crispy for a long time, opposite to chips.

Unfortunately the flavoured ones have too much crap for me.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I envy anyone who's found these as a good food source. 2/3 of a bag through, I found that the brand sold most locally is made with soybean oil. I couldn't believe it. Pork rinds made with soybean oil. :::shakes head in freakin' amazement::: I haven't looked at Whole Foods yet. I know I can get them at Cochon, but who wants to have to shop for food at a restaurant?

For a lot of things, I use a 50:50 mix of GF flour and grated parmesan, but it doesn't work for everything.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I envy anyone who's found these as a good food source. 2/3 of a bag through, I found that the brand sold most locally is made with soybean oil. I couldn't believe it. Pork rinds made with soybean oil. :::shakes head in freakin' amazement::: I haven't looked at Whole Foods yet. I know I can get them at Cochon, but who wants to have to shop for food at a restaurant?

For a lot of things, I use a 50:50 mix of GF flour and grated parmesan, but it doesn't work for everything.
    Wow, that's crazy. The Wal-mart ones have only pork, lard and salt as ingredients. Seriously, if Wal-Mart can do it anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Unfortunately the flavoured ones have too much crap for me.
    The ones I got are unflavored and taste a bit like bacon.

Yep. Same here. those will do just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast