Thread: It Feels Like a Fresh Start For Me... page

DanHayes is offline Junior Member

It Feels Like a Fresh Start For Me...

Shop Now
    I can't tell you how motivated I am by the success stories here on the forum and on the website. When the time is right, I intend to share my complete story here too. It's not as compelling as some...the starting point for my journey isn't marked by severe health issues, tragedy, or complete hopelessness. Rather, it centers around a formerly-fit, retired career military guy, with typical metabolic syndrome health issues faced by many others on the Standard American Diet, who spent time every Sunday evening preparing AM and PM medicines for the upcoming week. Well, all that has changed and continues to change for the better. And I have Mark Sisson, his staff, and so many of you to thank.

My wife and I have been on a journey to simplify our lives for the last few years. As a part of that, we tried to document that journey through our podcast and share it with others who are also trying to lead a simpler life in the modern world. Yesterday we recorded an episode about the power of habit. I wanted to share my new morning ritual of walking every day. I had no intention of going into my "primal journey" inspired by Mark's Daily Apple...yet. I knew I'd share it "someday", but my wife, Vanessa, dragged it out of me. After we finished recording, I took a moment to reflect on the short four-months it's been since I started this "primal thing" and realized how completely amazing the results have been for me so far. Though I wasn't ready to share any of this yet, it felt really good to get it out. Yeah, I gushed a bit about Mark and MDA on the show, but if it leads just one person to explore the MDA website and click on the "Start Here" or "Success Stories" tab then I'll feel like I helped someone, too.

It's just another "N = 1" story of the very beginnings of a primal journey, but if you're into audio and want to listen you can check it out on iTunes or listen to the episode/read the post here.

Thank you all so much! Grok on!

canuck416 is online now Senior Member

DanHayes is offline Junior Member
    Thanks so much!