Thread: Flap Meat and Flat Irons page

Grok is offline Senior Member

Flap Meat and Flat Irons

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I read an article today about Flap Meat. I thought it was on the front page, but now I can't find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about can you link it for me? It talked about Flap Meat and how to cook it.

Anyway, I asked my butcher about it today and he said that he didn't have any flap meat, but flat irons were way better and he had some of those.

So I picked up some flat irons, please let me know if there is a special way I should cook them.

Thanks.

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Cook a Flat Iron like you would a Flank Steak or a London Broil, Flash Searing at high heat for no more than Medium doneness. Flat Irons are WONDERFUL, and have good fatty bits and are very tender cut of beef if cooked properly, and they are budget friendly! Great BAS topper, and with eggs in the morning! Enjoy!

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    I get flap meat at Whole foods quite often, pretty sure it is similar to the flatiron......second the flank steak method. Marinade it overnight in your favorite flank steak type mix, grill to medium rare at the thickest portion, rest, and slice thinly cross grain. YUM. I usually serve plain with grilled veggies and salad or you could make a reduction to put over it.

Here is one article on the flap meat, it discusses the flat iron a bit. http://articles.sfgate.com/2005-03-1...man-ranch-flap

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Flap meat grilled medium rare with plenty of smoke and Mexican spice, sliced up fajita style, coated ever so lightly in sour cream, served with sizzling buttery peppers and onions ranks very high on my desert island top ten primal meals.

Steve1907 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    Flap meat grilled medium rare with plenty of smoke and Mexican spice, sliced up fajita style, coated ever so lightly in sour cream, served with sizzling buttery peppers and onions ranks very high on my desert island top ten primal meals.
    Damn that sounds good! I'm gonna have to try that one!
    "I am a member of PETA...People Eat Tasty Animals"

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget the guacamole!

Pessimist is offline Senior Member
    hehehe

meat flaps.....

yes I need to grow up
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pessimist View Post
    hehehe

meat flaps.....

yes I need to grow up
    I was thinking the same thing...
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>