Thread: tears of relief page

PinkAeryse is online now Junior Member

Red face tears of relief

Primal Fuel
    i started six days ago..with atkins. i have been obsessively counting calories, and logging exercise. the stress i have been under in regards to calories, and calories and what to eat, how much to exercise, calories and how many calories should i eat and more calories has really been contributing to not even wanting to continue my journey. i have burst into tears at times, and am sick and tired of logging, and reading everything about cico. i was at the end of my rope.

i found this site. yesterday. i had logged 1900 calories, and 689 cals burned. i cried because my calorie intake was too high.

after reading many threads here, i began to see a glimmer of hope. not that i can just gorge and eat as many cals as i want, but that i have been eating low carb/mod protein/high fat for six days and am beginning to experience appetite suppression. and more energy.

what i want to say is this: i did not like atkins, i do not want to log continuously, i want to eat foods close to the ground and exercise for fun, not slog away dripping sweat wanting it to be over. i know im not alone here.

thank you for listening.
    ps the bars from atkins is what tipped me off, i dont want processed foods, i want to eliminate my addiction to cake and candy, bread and pasta.

please respond with successes, and motivations, tips and advice.

thank you.

Nillos is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like you got the point.

thank you nillos!!

i was also flabbergasted that i could not eat blueberries.
    im a little sad to let go of the hellmans, really what do i care, i want radiant health.
    im also ditching the scale.

RedValkyria is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Congratulations! (:

I'm still looking for my tears of relief moment. Today I'd tears of discouragement. Hopefully I'm getting closer to not looking like a swollen-belly-monster...!

The more you stay away from the unhealthy carbs, the more you'll enjoy the ride, you'll see (:

jenna is online now Senior Member
    I still use store bought mayo, just very rarely. There are some great, easy recipes on here to make your own. I'm glad you found this site, it seems to be where a lot of people land when they've just plain had it with everything else. Check out the Friday success stories for motivation. For myself, I'm down 30lbs since January, not as much as a lot of people on here but it wasn't work and no calorie counting! :-)

Blueberries are primal...
    Don't let perfect be the enemy of good ~Voltaire

i know!! i was shocked i wasnt supposed to eat them!! so i kept searching, and here i am, blueberries intact! thank you all so much. i appreciate the time you took to respond to me.

SW: 194
    CW: 192
    GW: 160

okqinxlatx90 is online now Junior Member
    Congratulations.