Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here eat MCT oil (refined coconut)? page

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member

Anyone here eat MCT oil (refined coconut)?

Hi

I read over on Jimmy Moore's blog that some people are adding MCT (medium chain triglycerides) oil to meals to speed up their metabolism and burn fat. As far as I can tell, it's just coconut oil minus the lauric acid. So it's essentially capricylic acid. It is thin, clear, and flavorless.

I bought a bottle yesterday and put 1 teaspoon on my salad along with my regular salad dressing. When I went to bed a couple hours later, I had to fight back anxiety rushes...similar to having too much caffeine and being anxious. I also felt a bit nauseaus. (By comparison, when I have a healthy portion of coconut milk in a smoothie, I sometimes feel nauseaus but I've never felt anxiety from it.)

Just wondering if anyone here uses it and what your experiences have been.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canarygirl View Post
    Hi

I read over on Jimmy Moore's blog that some people are adding MCT (medium chain triglycerides) oil to meals to speed up their metabolism and burn fat. As far as I can tell, it's just coconut oil minus the lauric acid. So it's essentially capricylic acid. It is thin, clear, and flavorless.

I bought a bottle yesterday and put 1 teaspoon on my salad along with my regular salad dressing. When I went to bed a couple hours later, I had to fight back anxiety rushes...similar to having too much caffeine and being anxious. I also felt a bit nauseaus. (By comparison, when I have a healthy portion of coconut milk in a smoothie, I sometimes feel nauseaus but I've never felt anxiety from it.)

Just wondering if anyone here uses it and what your experiences have been.
    Shit, that's almost exactly how I feel sometimes when I eat tons of coconuts.

Is this good or bad?
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Hmmm....interesting. Let's see what other folks have to say. I also posted this question on the "MCT vs Coconut oil" thread on Jimmy Moore's forum.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    I've had a similar experience, but only after downing a can of coconut milk and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil together. Just go easy.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't sound very Grok-like to me. Someone has basically processed a natural oil such as coconut oil to strip out something, in order to create something new, in this case, "MCT oil." I personally would avoid it like the plague, just on the grounds that it's been processed, and stick with organic, virgin coconut oil.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I use MCT oil. It is tasteless, and I don't want to always be tasting coconut in everything.

I have not noticed any anxiety when I use it.
    (But I also don't use tons of the stuff or use it every day.)

TigerLily, do you cook with it then? Do you notice any effects from using it in your energy level, weight loss, or general health?

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member
    Nutiva has a new coconut oil product that has less of a sweet coconut flavor to it, though I haven't tried it yet:
    http://nutiva.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=122

And people's experiences may vary, but I hardly even pick up on the coconut flavoring in the foods I cook. Sometimes that depends on the food, but in most cases it doesn't interfere with the flavor of whatever I'm cooking.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't do it. Mcts re often part of the rx for FTT infants and children with slow weight gain

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I take a tbsp every morning. If your getting heated up, energy, and the such, could be correcting thyroid function.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast