Thread: earache page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

earache

Shop Now
    That odd pain I had developed into not one, but two full blown earaches. I'm trying the homeopathic drops, but I really don't expect them to work. Yes, I have a dr appt later, but I'm reasonably certain it's a midear infection. Feels like every other midear infection I've gotten through the years.
    Any home remedies for dulling/ getting rid of the pain?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Midear infection. Should I just bite it and use the antibiotic otic suspension scrip, or is there something else I can do? Also, I didn't get any painkillers. any ideas?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Since it is an actual infection, use the antibiotics. Modern medicine does have its benefits.

If you are still having pain, use some acetaminophen (tylenol) or ibuprofen (advil, motrin). That should help. Some find that putting a hot compress (heat pad, hot water bottle, magic bag, etc) over the ear for a while gives some relief.

Hope you feel better soon.

GaTo is offline Member
    weird i'm in the same boat... I've never had one before either and all of a sudden I get one... must be something in the meat

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    I have always found eardrops made from olive oil and garlic to be very soothing for earaches. Since garlic has some very strong antibiotic properties, it can be curative. When looking for a procedural recipe, I found the following website, which has a few other suggestions:
    http://www.organicauthority.com/heal...your-home.html
    According to that, the home remedies are typically more effective than oral antibiotics!

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Take the antibiotics, use painkillers for the pain. Get rest and let your body heal.

Before I started paleo I had nasal problems and sinusproblems, and used to get mild middle ear infection each other sinus cold. I've since cleared up a lot in my sinuses and nose, but before that I used a nose horn - loose translation from Norwegian. It looks like this:

You fill it with 37 degrees distilled water and half a teaspoon of sea salt. Then proceed as the picture show. Works wonders for clearing up the sinuses.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Abx should not and are not the front line treatment for middle ear infection.
    http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/ea...tment-overview

Motrin is helpful - as are the pain relief drops. In terms of tx'ing the viral or bacterial component of the ear infection, I have had 100% success with
    http://www.iherb.com/Gaia-Herbs-Ear-...-ml/11365?at=0

When dh started to have frequent ear infections, nasal steroids were suprisingly helpful. Apparently it was just seasonal allergy inflammation causing the infections.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order