Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just realized I am eating page

scubasam is offline Senior Member

Just realized I am eating

Shop Now
    Many more carbs than I thought.

I bit the bullet and entered my breakfast into fitday just for shits and giggles and if I ate all the yellow squash I was going to eat, my breakfast alone would have had 30+ grams of carbs in it. I guess I am eating too many veggies and that is why I am not losing weight :-(!

I am full from my two eggs and sip of coffee (first time ever - maybe it's working????) so I wille at my veggies later. So far, fats are at 65%, carbs 5% and protein 30%. Good balance.

Will eat the veggies later.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    30+ grams of carbs? Was it much more? Eating around 100 grams of carbs is just fine. I eat up to 150 most days I believe because veggies and fruit too offer loads of nutrition.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

fufonzo is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how many meals you have.

If you're having 3 meals with 30g of carbs per meal, you're still in the weight loss range according to PB, so I wouldn't say you're eating 'excessive' carbs.

Also, if you want to avoid too many carbs go for lighter water-filled veggies like spinach (or other leafy greens), celery, cucumber, tomaotoes, etc

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Eating too many vegetables halts weight loss??? That's sounding a little bit paranoid. Your deficit will dictate weight loss, which is never linear......not vegetables.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    According to Fitday, 1 cup of sliced yellow squash has 3.8 grams of carbs. Were you going to have 8 cups? I think people should stop fearing low starch vegetables. The suggestions funfonzo has above are good. You can eat a lot and still not drive up the carb count.

DeadRockstar is offline Junior Member
    Yeah agreed with what others have written. You're sounding a bit carbophobic. Calories and protein matter the most during dieting.

I don't like treating protein as a % either. It should be based on your bodyweight or LBM if you're carrying a lot of fat mass.

Katt is offline Senior Member
    You know, some people need fewer carbs to lose weight. If I eat more than 50g a day, I stop losing weight. Everybody falls into a different spot on the curve.

DeadRockstar is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katt View Post
    You know, some people need fewer carbs to lose weight. If I eat more than 50g a day, I stop losing weight. Everybody falls into a different spot on the curve.
    True, but you'd have to be carrying quite a lot of fat mass/be coming off a high carb junk diet to be insulin/leptin resistant enough to worry about 150g carbs.

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoldstein View Post
    According to Fitday, 1 cup of sliced yellow squash has 3.8 grams of carbs. Were you going to have 8 cups? I think people should stop fearing low starch vegetables. The suggestions funfonzo has above are good. You can eat a lot and still not drive up the carb count.
    One large yellow squash (that I picked form my garden) is 10.8g, that coupled with a tomato and my eggs and coffee with cream drove my carbs to 30g for breakfast alone. I usually eat many more veggies throughout the day, leading me to believe that I was ingesting a minimum of 100-150g of carbs a day. With my health history, even though veggies are great, I do have to watch the amounts if I want to see any weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRockstar View Post
    True, but you'd have to be carrying quite a lot of fat mass/be coming off a high carb junk diet to be insulin/leptin resistant enough to worry about 150g carbs.

I am carrying a lot of excess weight/fat (I have about 85-90 lbs to lose) and I am terribly insulin resistant (I had GD during pregnancy and metabolic syndrome now) so I have to watch the carbs very carefully. I am not coming off a high carb junk diet, but am coming off a high carb grain diet.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I just had a bowl of Korean bi bim bop with no rice and I'm wondering how many carbs I had. It was mainly mushrooms, bean sprouts, carrots, spinach and sauce. I bet I had quite a few "good carbs" but now I'm reading that some places make it with a sugary sauce! I hope I didn't go overboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast