Thread: Numbers Guy page

PBNewby is offline Senior Member

Numbers Guy

I am a numbers guy.

One thing I noticed:

Before primal, I weighed one pound for every centimeter of my height. 180 lbs, 180 cm tall.

After being primal for a year or more, I weigh one kilogram for every inch of my height. 71 kg, 71 inches tall.

Have you noticed something similar?
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    I am 5'4" (162cm) and weigh ~162lbs.
    So I am 64", And if I weighed 64kg, that would be 141lbs, which would be ideal!

Very cool.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    If I weighed in kilograms what I measure in inches, I would also be at my ideal weight according to the BMI charts (not that I put too much faith in those!). Must be something in it! However, I'm sadly a long way from ideal at the moment (42lbs, to be precise).

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I'm 69" tall and my weight falls around 70 - 72 kg unless I'm purposefully eating more to gain.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    I'm 5'10" (70 Inches), but built like the proverbial brick shithouse. If I weighed in at 70 kgs, I would look like a pale ethiopian. Seriously, with a broad frame and naturally big legs, it would not be cool. If we work in cms, at 178 lb (80 kgs)…. well, that would be closer to the mark for being… not so skeletal.

My lightest weight as an adult has been 93 kg (about 204 lb) and most people thought I needed more muscle at that point, both aesthetically and athletically (my body was going catabolic in phases because of my bad balance of training and nutrition due to being an uneducated doofus). My most comfortable athletic range to date has been anywhere from 98 kg to 103 kg (215 - 225 lb). I played rugby for years around the 240-250 lb mark and reaped massive benefits in scrummaging and breakdown work from the bulk, but struggled for general mobility in open play.

It's an interesting idea, but my bet is that kind of ratio will work best for narrow framed endomorphs. Those born with broad body structures and big arses will not look healthy or perform well at that kind of height to weight ratio.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Martin Berkhan wrote this post about maximum muscular bodyweight a while (couple years) ago:

Maximum Muscular Potential of Drug-Free Athletes (Updated Dec 31st) | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

The rule of thumb is "(Height in centimeters - 100) = Body weight in kilo ("shredded", i.e. 5-6% body fat)."

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    I am a numbers guy.

One thing I noticed:

Before primal, I weighed one pound for every centimeter of my height. 180 lbs, 180 cm tall.

After being primal for a year or more, I weigh one kilogram for every inch of my height. 71 kg, 71 inches tall.

Have you noticed something similar?
    I'm about a kg per inch, but trying to get my weight up to about a lb per cm. Never did think of that before. Thanks for pointing it out. Now I'll get to spend the rest of my week trying to multiply by 2.2 and divide by 2.54 in my head.
    The Champagne of Beards

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Is this squareness some kind of rule for normality or anything? I'm pretty close to square on kgs to inches.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Martin Berkhan wrote this post about maximum muscular bodyweight a while (couple years) ago:

Maximum Muscular Potential of Drug-Free Athletes (Updated Dec 31st) | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

The rule of thumb is "(Height in centimeters - 100) = Body weight in kilo ("shredded", i.e. 5-6% body fat)."
    Yep, or (Height in centimeters – 100) = bodyweight in kilo + 7 % (body fat percentage around 10 %) is even more optimal for a healthy male, since 5-6 % will be difficult to maintain long term for most people...
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…