Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of any off the grid primal communities? page

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

Anyone know of any off the grid primal communities?

Recently I've been envisioning pulling together some like minded people and building an environmentally friendly and sustainable off the grid primal community consisting of mid size homes surrounded by organic gardens and fruit trees with pastured animals located in a temperate climate. Would want enough power generated to enjoy some modern conveniences (internet connections etc). If you ever hear of such a community being built or in existence please let me know.Thanks! -

johnsaville21@gmail.com

PS-Ha Ha...Not planning on a cult or dropping out of society! More like an example of how people can live with sustainability and mindfulness.
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-12-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    A lot of people in my area live off the grid, but so far I don't know anyone that is primal.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Carnivor0us is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post

PS-Ha Ha...Not planning on a cult or dropping out of society! More like an example of how people can live with sustainability and mindfulness.

ROFL I was gonna say...

_bear is offline Member
    It's definitely a dream of mine to create such a place. I believe Northern California, Oregon, Washington or British Columbia would be the best place to start such a venture.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Must be nice to be rich enough to live like you're poor but with all the amenities.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    So you mean take this forum and make it "LIVE" everyday all day? Oh dear God no! At least this is an app I can click out of if needed! If some of these folks were my neighbors I'd likely want to build a REALLY high fence! LOL! 😜 Kidding...sort of...but not really...

Maybe I'd live nearby and come to visit during harvest and pig/cow slaughtering time??

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    I know that somewhere in England they had been building sustainable housing communities. It's a pretty big thing there.

DEVA - Dorset EcoVillage

GEN Global Ecovillage Network Europe: Home

These are a few examples but I'm sure you can find more. However totally off the grid I'm not sure if you would be able to find that online. I'd imagine those people not advocating it on the world wide web...

You should also check the BBC website, I know that they had a programm a while back on people building their own eco-friendly houses.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Must be nice to be rich enough to live like you're poor but with all the amenities.
    Very good point Warmbear. I would like to set an example that could be replicated with low income housing in a city. I can envision a group of small energy efficient housing units connected to an array of solar units with community gardens. Not totally off the grid but a huge step up in energy efficiency and a better connection to the food. Places like Detroit or New Orleans would be good places to experiment with this type of approach.

Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I know that somewhere in England they had been building sustainable housing communities. It's a pretty big thing there.

DEVA - Dorset EcoVillage

GEN Global Ecovillage Network Europe: Home

These are a few examples but I'm sure you can find more. However totally off the grid I'm not sure if you would be able to find that online. I'd imagine those people not advocating it on the world wide web...

You should also check the BBC website, I know that they had a programm a while back on people building their own eco-friendly houses.
    Interesting info...Thanks!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I imagine that you would have a problem reconciling raising kids to murder animals with keeping a society not based on property ownership together.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast