Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of any off the grid primal communities? page 2

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by edennperez1 View Post
    So you mean take this forum and make it "LIVE" everyday all day? Oh dear God no! At least this is an app I can click out of if needed! If some of these folks were my neighbors I'd likely want to build a REALLY high fence! LOL! �� Kidding...sort of...but not really...

Maybe I'd live nearby and come to visit during harvest and pig/cow slaughtering time??

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Ha Ha...Yes it might be a bit too much of a commitment for some. But I'm also envisioning it as a learning center where people could come and stay for a few days and learn about organic farming, alternative energy and building sustainable homes etc.

L:OL see for example, what sorta adults will be produced from the kids whose first impressions of togetherness is when their dads friends came over for that big butchering holiday?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Canuck416, try a search of earthship communities.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Canuck416, try a search of earthship communities.
    Thanks Joanie, I lived in New Mexico for 12 years and did visit a couple of the Earthship homes during that time. I'm heading back for a visit in October and plan on revisiting the community.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakitumi Puppet View Post
    L:OL see for example, what sorta adults will be produced from the kids whose first impressions of togetherness is when their dads friends came over for that big butchering holiday?
    Believe it or not many traditional cultures do celebrate butchering day and the kids grow up to be well adjusted adults who know where their food comes from. Not every culture is raised on Disney.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Carnivor0us is offline Senior Member
    I don't think I understand what you're trying to say...that families can't have togetherness and happy times cause they butcher meat together? LAURA INGALLS WAS NOT A LIAR SIR

Sent from my XT557 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

I imagine that you would have a problem reconciling raising kids to murder animals with keeping a society not based on property ownership together.
    So off grid communities are inherently Communist? Rofl i don't understand what you wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Believe it or not many traditional cultures do celebrate butchering day and the kids grow up to be well adjusted adults who know where their food comes from. Not every culture is raised on Disney.
    believe it or not many traditional cultures suck and reliably produce people who flee them for freer ones.

I don't think I understand what you're trying to say...that families can't have togetherness and happy times cause they butcher meat together?
    no that such impressions of togetherness, ("it's murder time!") will create a culture of twisted people bent on dominating each other, which is the opposite of the intent of an alternative community.

So off grid communities are inherently Communist? Rofl i don't understand what you wrote
    Yes or else what you are all really envisioning is a vacation resort.

Which for the record is a more realistic manifestation of the Primal meme.

also UrbanForager, a kid KNOWING, "My meat gets murdered after we support feeding it," is probably...more likely to use violence against people to get what they want, not less. They have internalized more deeply and consciously a social order that is built out of a pyramid of aggression and deliberately justify it to themselves

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Which for the record is a more realistic manifestation of the Primal meme.

also UrbanForager, a kid KNOWING, "My meat gets murdered after we support feeding it," is probably...more likely to use violence against people to get what they want, not less. They have internalized more deeply and consciously a social order that is built out of a pyramid of aggression and deliberately justify it to themselves

Well i suppose that could be a problem if a kid grew up not learning the diff between butchering an animal for meaty survival and butchering his own Mom for five bucks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast