Thread: Greetings from Germany page

DaMaakus is offline Junior Member

Smile Greetings from Germany

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself to the people in this forum.

My name is Markus and I'm from Germany (so, please mark any errors in my writing if you wish, so I can learn from it).

I'm going to turn 32 in November. I am 192 cm tall (about 6'3") and at the beginning of going primal I weigh in at 154,7 kg (round about 310 lbs).

I have always been fat my whole life, sometimes more, sometimes less, but mostly more. Three to four years ago, I did the NYD-Plan, with some tweaking to it.
    All in all it was low carb and pretty similiar to being primal. It worked and I went down close to 120 kg.
    Then I fell off the bandwagon, due to some changes in life, monetary problems, kind of depressive state, sleeping problems and especially I think, doing the right thing (diet) out of the wrong reasons (to please mostly other people and not out of concerns over my own health).
    So, I gained my lost weigth back to the point where I started and a bit more up untill 5 weeks ago, where I finally found the motiviation again to do some healthy things to me and my body and this time just for myself.

I bought the Primal Blueprint, read it, found it to be sensible and now I'm on it. I have to read it a second time to get my macros right, but I follow it by now to my best knowledge.

I'm eating meat (not grass-fed, I'm not rich, but the best meat I can get), fowl, eggs, vegetables, fruit and some dairy (I know, it is discussed to be not primal, but it helps me getting my fat and protein and I am apparantly not lactose-intolerant, so what). Also, I will try to add some offal to my plan (liver and heart mainly).

My calorie intake varys, from 1400kcal to 2200kcal. I used some calculators and it seems like I have to eat around 3500kcal a day to maintain my weight, so it suits me to eat 1500kcal less on average to obtain a loss of 1,0 to 1,5kg per week.
    I have to confess, I "cheat" mostly once every week, with some carb-rich food, to avoid kind of slowed metabolism and as part of my 80/20 rule. For now, it doesn't bother me and the weigth drops.
    On average, my macros split into ca. 100-150gr. Protein, 90-130gr. Fat and 10-75gr. Carbs per day.

As I said, I'm following the primal nutrition for 5 weeks now, starting on August 15th, with 154,7kg. Today I stepped on the scale and said 146,2kg. So, lost 8,5kg (~17lbs), at 1,7kg average loss per week, pretty much what I aimed for.
    My plan is to get down to 140kg till the midst of September and the I set a new goal (probably with my birthday in November as a deadline).

As a big goal: I want to get down to 120kg and then see, how my skin is going. I can't afford a surgery and I'd rather look a bit fat than having my skin wobbling around me and getting inflamed all the time.
    If the skin-thing is going to work out, I will drop even more, maybe below 100kg (200lbs).

So, after this looooong read, I have this things on my mind:

- Figuring out, what my macronutrients should be like
    - Getting started with the Primal Movements (I already started walking more and biking to my Butcher on the Weekend, but didn't do any heavy lifting due to an damaged vertebrea disk and didn't do any sprints by now, due to my big weight and getting exhausted pretty quickly, close to throwing up).

Thanks for reading (if anyone is doing it through this wall-of-text ) and if someone got anything to mention or add, I would appreciate it!

Grüße aus Deutschland

Markus
    a.k.a.
    DaMaakus

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hallo Markus! Es ist schön, Sie kennenzulernen! Congratulations on beginning your journey with Primal! Now, it is just one day at a time. I look forward to further posts.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Wild Runner is online now Member
    Hi from Scotland!
    Firstly, your English writing is fantastic - I will need to be careful with mine!

I started Primal Blueprint not long before you and I seem to be having similar results to you. You seem to have a well thought out plan and it seems sensible breaking your long term goal down into smaller more manageable targets. I like the way you have it all worked out, the calorie deficit required, your expected weight loss...And it works! Good planning!!

I guess you are starting to feel great now. For me the low carb flu signs are long gone.

I'll be keeping an eye on your journal so best wishes
    WR

DaMaakus is offline Junior Member
    @Crabbcakes:
    Hallo Crabbcake, freut mich ebenfalls! And thank you!

@Wild Runner:
    Thank you! Writing in english is much easier for me than speaking it. Doesn't have the chance to practice it often.

Thanks a lot, your feedback is very welcome! Congratulations on your results, too!

Indeed, I felt pretty good the last five weeks. No sign of carb flu from the beginning till now in my case. Knock on wood.

Today is the first day since going primal, where I feel a bit bad. It is due to a stressful day at my job and I slightly chipped one of my teeth in the front, eating a nectarine, scratching the stone with the tooth. I will see a dentist tomorrow. At least, it doesn't hurt.
    So, this evening I will fry up some bacon and six eggs, so I don't have to chew that hard.

Thanks to both of you for your interest in my thread. I will occasionally update it, by the midst of August at the latest.

Till then, have fun and grok on!

Wild Runner is online now Member
    Sounds like you've just been having a bad day! Hopefully the bacon and eggs will put you back on top form! Wow 6 eggs! I thought my 3 was rather a lot! But you are a little taller than me!
    Catch up soon x