Thread: Avast antivirus blocking this site? page

Mastiff is offline Junior Member

Avast antivirus blocking this site?

Primal Fuel
    Anyone else notice this? In particular these forums. If I search up a topic on google with a link to this forum, it'll often flag it and not let me in. I have to disable the "web shield" to see the results.

jenna is offline Senior Member
    Your settings are probably too strict.

Mastiff is offline Junior Member
    There aren't any settings. At least I don't think so. It's on or off.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    I tried avast years ago and found that it blocked all sorts of sites. Went to avg instead and never had issues. So now I run avg and malwarebytes on my computers. My workplace uses the same combination. And I know 2 people who have computer businesses and that's what they recommend as well
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

jenna is offline Senior Member
    Oh, ok. I figured it was like AVG. Maybe switch to AVG? It's free, and like NOTR mentioned, I've never had a problem with it blocking a legitimate site.

Paleophil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    Anyone else notice this? In particular these forums. If I search up a topic on google with a link to this forum, it'll often flag it and not let me in. I have to disable the "web shield" to see the results.
    Yes, I started getting the warnings when using the forum's search tool and clicking on result links. My Avast settings hadn't changed. I think it's due to the latest Avast software update, as it hadn't happened before that. You can report false positive Avast alerts here:

avast! Contact us
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong.
    Notes I may point to:
    1) WARNING: beware of chronic very low carb diets, especially ones low in resistant starch and other Paleo/Primal prebiotics
    2) I try to do what works best for me, and often fail. YMMV. Don't imitate me--find what works for you. The only fact I know for certain is that of my ignorance. Iím not prescribing.
    3) It may aid discussion if neither of us tries to speak for the other

I took a look at the Avast report (where you can also report false positives, BTW), and the URL it gives is actually hxxp://lennydiary.com followed by stuff like GaFmShfC4pO0g7Lx.js?BIMWchHJryxze=5d0b5b9de4dc526b

BitDefender, Fortinet and Sophos antivirus also reported lennydiary.com as a Malware site. I don't know why it's listed with "hxxp" instead of "http", nor why it's causing an issue at this website. It only comes up when clicking on some thread search url's, not all of them. Maybe an ad is causing the issue. I see there was one report in the past of this happening.
    Notes I may point to:
    1) WARNING: beware of chronic very low carb diets, especially ones low in resistant starch and other Paleo/Primal prebiotics
    2) I try to do what works best for me, and often fail. YMMV. Don't imitate me--find what works for you. The only fact I know for certain is that of my ignorance. Iím not prescribing.

Whatever the problem was, I haven't had any further problems beyond Aug. 10. It seems the issue was temporary.
    Notes I may point to: