Thread: One week on PB and still getting headaches??? page

salserajen is offline Junior Member

Question One week on PB and still getting headaches???

This is really my second go at PB. I honestly can't remember what happened the last time, but I am at it again. I have been strict with the PB diet for one week and am still getting headaches. I have started the workouts, getting adequate sunshine, and even takin ga 20 to 30 minute nap each day. The headaches are not as intense as they have been (long history of migraines), but I panic when they come, even just a hint of one and I panic.

Will this stop?

Today, I have been pushing more water in hopes that an extra bottle of water will help with this... Looking for information and support here...

Jen

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    are you eating low-carb? could be your electrolytes are whacked.

if not that, what are you eating? are you eating enough cals?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Whatever it is - it will be temporary.

How's your salt intake? Eat some high potassium foods as well.

Most likely you are outta whack in terms of fluid balance. Not unusual but nothing to trifle with either.

Do not fear fat and salt in abundance when adapting to Primal.
    What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Hate it if this sounds like a plug but screw it. Go to a good chiropractor and get adjusted. I'd estimate 90 percent of patients see near immediate improvement and about 70 percent complete resolution ( I.e. No more headaches) within a month of treatment. Throw in primal eating and I bet each of those break the 95 percent mark with only your hypertension and space occupying lesion or neurological disease (like MS) sorts left.

jenna is offline Senior Member
    All good advice up above. If it makes you feel better I used to get 2-3 full blown migraines a month, with many smaller headaches in between. I haven't had a full blown migraine in a year and a half since starting primal and only get mild headaches if I eat crap (pizza, pretty much any fast food). So give it time. I understand the panic over the beginnings of a headache, because you never really know how bad it's going to be. I had to break myself out of the habit of grabbing for meds at even a hint of a headache. You might need to do the same thing as many pain killers will actually extend the headache and set you up for the next one.

salserajen is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all of your input. Chiropractic never worked for me, I always went home WITH a migraine after an adjustment! I do acupuncture and have an appt on tuesday. I agree that it may be a fluid thing. I do add salt to my food, so I don't think that is an issue. But I am drinking a little bit more water. I am doing low carb, for the person who asked that question. Eating meat, fish, veggies, some fruit, some dairy, nuts and seeds. Plenty of healthy fats (butter, coconut oil, olive oil). In reality, I am on day 8 of this. So, it will take time. I just wanted to put this out there as a valid concern... Thanks everyone!!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    it's low-carb flu. drink salty broth and salt your food liberally. eat high-potassium foods like mushrooms and avocados.

it will pass.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

intrigued is offline Member
    It wasn't clear to me from your original post - do you get the headaches only when you go on PB? From the way you worded it, I'm not sure if that's what you meant, or if you meant that the headaches you get all the time are slightly better after a week on PB, but not gone. If that's the case, this sounds like a victory, stay the course and I'm guessing things will only get better (a week is NOT a long time). If you meant you're getting these headaches only when on PB, it'd probably help to hear what you're eating.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    And then, the unthinkable! It's not necessarily what you're doing, eating, etc. We've had an air advisory for the last 5 days here in BC due to the fires in WA, OR and CA funneling smoke up the West Coast. As if we didn't have enough forest fires of our own, now we're importing SMOKE! ;-) My eyes are sore continually, my sinuses rebelling, and my head pounding. Hmmmmph!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gdot View Post
    Whatever it is - it will be temporary.

How's your salt intake? Eat some high potassium foods as well.

Most likely you are outta whack in terms of fluid balance. Not unusual but nothing to trifle with either.

Do not fear fat and salt in abundance when adapting to Primal.
    Quoted for truthery. I never salted anything pre-primal, but now I salt everything.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right