Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PaulaCee's Primal Journal page

PaulaCee is offline Member

PaulaCee's Primal Journal

Primal Fuel
    Starting weight in May 2014: 245 lbs.
    Current weight: 214 lbs.

My first goal is to get to 199 lbs. Yes that amount is so arbitrary yet the last time my scale read below 200 was back in 1995. I'll listen carefully to what my body might have to say at that point to adjust food choices/exercise as needed. What I'm doing now is working just right for a 1.5 to 2 lbs. loss per week.

My final weight goal is 165 lbs. I haven't been near there since my junior year in high school.

Favorite breakfast: Primal Fuel mixed with 6 oz. cold water/ 6 oz. cold coffee (we always have some coffee left over in the morning so I put it in the fridge) I use more liquid than recommended because I like the taste better when thinned out a bit. I also nibble on a serving of macadamia nuts or almonds depends on what I have.

I've taken up a pattern of fasting from 830pm to about 830am. When I'm at work (3-11 shift), I have to take my 30 minute meal break at 8pm. I return home by 1130p, and after showering I'm in bed by midnight. By 830am I'm ready to eat. On my days off I don't eat as much and I go to bed way earlier.

It wasn't always that way. I would get home from work and feel like I was starving so I would eat in front of my computer before finally going to bed an hour or so later. Mighty glad to get rid of that bad habit!

Since June I've been doing wall squats (20repsx2) and wall pushups (30repsx2) and beginning plank position (25 secsx2) twice a week. When it starts to feel I get through any reps too easy, I increase the amount by 5.

Still don't have a bar for pull ups. I figure I'll get stronger at the other basic movements first before I purchase or set up some kind of outdoor situation for leg assisted pull ups. Thinking about purchasing one of those freestanding pull-up towers – any recommendations?

Another major goal for me is to do a full Grok Squat unassisted and without collapsing on the ground like spilled jell-o. So I've broken the goal up into smaller steps to help get me there:

1. Hip and ankle mobility exercises every day. My feet have gone flat over the years so I have lots to work on there.

2. Doing some assisted squats at random throughout the day.

3. Stretching out tight quads, hamstrings, etc.

It's almost 10am here on the east coast. I'll be going outside to get my vitamin D before I have to head off to work this afternoon.

Purchased new, better fitting uniforms. Feeling so fit and primal as I squint into the distance.
    PrimalPaula.jpg

I definitely carry most of my body fat in my legs and butt. One co-worker once compared my legs to tree trunks. Flying out to California to visit my mom will be so much more comfortable next year. Yay! Those darn airplane seats are just too narrow and close together.

Plenty of things in my life to be thankful for. I'm enjoying a quiet day off and thinking about stuff.

I'm glad I don't have to cook every day for my kids any more. None of them, including my husband Sam, are following the PB with me so there are always grain based foods in the kitchen or sugary treats in the freezer. I'm okay with that and I don't fuss at them or nag them to change. They are encouraging of my weight loss and ask me questions occasionally but their typical response to my answers is “I couldn't give that up!”

I like using MyFitnessPal because on all my other diet attempts I was completely focused on calories. I quickly realized I was being too strict with my fat intake (CW dies hard) when I started tracking my food choices. I would like nuts (almonds, pistachios, macadamia) to always be part of my food choices, and Trader Joe's virgin coconut oil is wonderful.

I ate some raw pine nuts for the first time. When I opened the small bag, the scent was clean and almost mint like. Pine nuts have a good taste and I wish they weren't so expensive. They are delicious sprinkled over a serving of fresh raspberries.

shuttlebug is offline Senior Member
    No one else in my family is eating primal, either. My kids (who are 29 and 30) understand what I'm doing and have been pretty supportive, but my husband thinks I'm nuts, and keeps offering me foods that I won't eat. I wish he would join me, but he's so addicted to bread!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Milicoqui is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaCee View Post
    Flying out to California to visit my mom will be so much more comfortable next year. Yay! Those darn airplane seats are just too narrow and close together.
    That's one of the best things that I ever experienced when travelling after losing weight, how comfy seats are on a plane! In Coach too! Love your journal so far, inspiring me I was on the fence about the Primal Fuel but I may give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by shuttlebug View Post
    but my husband thinks I'm nuts, and keeps offering me foods that I won't eat. I wish he would join me, but he's so addicted to bread!
    Hi shuttlebug! Thanks for checking out my journal. Sam is the same way -- bread will always be a part of his diet. He buys things he thinks are "healthy" and wants me to try but they never fit into the primal blueprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Milicoqui View Post
    That's one of the best things that I ever experienced when travelling after losing weight, how comfy seats are on a plane! In Coach too! Love your journal so far, inspiring me I was on the fence about the Primal Fuel but I may give it a go!

Hello Milicoqui! Thank you for the kind words.

Haha! I was ready to give up Coach and bite the bullet to buy a First Class ticket back in March. Now I'll be okay although I'll still try to get the aisle seat.

I like the chocolate coconut flavor and I haven't tried the vanilla. It has a good taste but can be a bit too sweet to my taste when mixed with only 8 -10 ozs. of liquid. Primal Fuel is handy because I don't really want to cook in the morning. I do most of my meal prep around noon when I make my lunch and my dinner for work at the same time.

Work has been crazy! I made it through with plenty of energy yet emotionally it wears me down more often than not lately. At times I feel really rough and I'm certain it is because I'm not stuffing down my feeling with food. Keeping a hand written journal at home as well as eating healthy fats and proteins helps me to ignore the food temptations at home and work.

My current weight: 210 pounds. A few days ago I noticed how that ten pounds seems more intimidating than the 35 pounds I've already take off. Just my impatience/fear rearing its ugly head again.

Milicoqui is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaCee View Post
    Work has been crazy! I made it through with plenty of energy yet emotionally it wears me down more often than not lately. At times I feel really rough and I'm certain it is because I'm not stuffing down my feeling with food. Keeping a hand written journal at home as well as eating healthy fats and proteins helps me to ignore the food temptations at home and work.
    Work craziness! I can definitely relate. Hope you're doing well. I still haven't bought the Primal Fuel but may get around to it eventually, trying my hand at eggs in the morning. Helps me get up earlier so I'm early/on time for work for a change! lol.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast