Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: proper posture - it's confusing. page

LockieKermit is offline Member

proper posture - it's confusing.

Primal Fuel
    Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum.

I dont get the posture Im supposed to have. I've read the topic post by mark but daffy duck just isn't good enough a picture to go on.

It says tucking the pelvis in is bad for us, by this I assume he means bringing the butt forward? This helps me.

My posture problem is I curve my lower back to much, and tucking actually seems to reduce pain. Im so confused I have no idea what to write!!!!

Could someone detail what my posture is actually supposed to be like??

blizzy is offline Junior Member
    I would hit up google for some images of what proper posture looks like, it is kind of hard to detail it.

lente is offline Junior Member

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Mark did a few posts on posture. Refer to them if you can find them. Little things like avoiding chairs as much as possible and going barefoot where possible can help.

Also, check out this link: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...no_more_part_i

MarkRose is offline Member
    Try taking a full, deep breath, holding it for 10 seconds, then relaxing your body downwards without slouching. You should find this position very easy to maintain without using much muscle at all -- and that's the key sign when your posture is good.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    I HIGHLY reccomend buying Esther Gokhale's Eight Steps to A Pain-Free Back. It's only 15 bucks on Amazon. Google her and check out her site as well... She is GREAT and everything she says makes SO much sense! I will never bend like an American again. ;-)

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    I HIGHLY reccomend buying Esther Gokhale's Eight Steps to A Pain-Free Back. It's only 15 bucks on Amazon. Google her and check out her site as well... She is GREAT and everything she says makes SO much sense! I will never bend like an American again. ;-)
    I can second this. It's a great book and very easy to read. She goes through step-by-step instructions on how to re-train your spine to a natural curvature.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Agreed, have the book as well!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

MarkRose is offline Member
    I shall have to get that book!

HBarrett is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just got the Gokhale book and it is a revelation. The pictures of all those wonderful strong backs inspire me. Has anybody mastered the walkgliding?
    I keep locking my knees somehow and I don't think this can be good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast