Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why is it easy to be good some days but not others? page

Suse is offline Senior Member

why is it easy to be good some days but not others?

Primal Fuel
    I cant get my head around it, some days it is easy to say no to lollies, or chocolate, or even bread for that matter. And other days it is like, give it to me NOW.

I had a real slump after lunch today, been feeling flat all day to be truthful and just felt that I needed sugar to give me a lift. Of course it hasnt really, I just feel sick from eating the 50g of sugar laden crap. Doh. Its no big deal in the great scheme of things, I'm maintaining a good weight but I do find it a bit depressing that I have absolutely no willpower. I would actually feel better if I had had a big bowl of hot chips rather than the sugar I'm sure!

Aaaaggghh. Just wanted to vent I suppose. No one can help me but myself.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Keep a food diary for a week or two. When you do crave and give in, go back and analyze your eating patterns. Is there a common thread? Types of food? The timing of your meals? Et cetera.

Just an idea.

Best of luck!
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Suse is offline Senior Member
    After lunch at work, thats the worst time. As I said, today though, I was just tired, and feeling flat. I didnt need it, I wasnt particularly hungry, I just wanted sugar. Oh well tomorrow is another day thankfully
    Last edited by Suse; 07-06-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: grammar

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    I've found that there are points in my cycle where I want to eat nonstop, (and have lots of cravings for carby foods), and points in my cycle where I'm IFing like crazy and not hungry or cravy at all. I really think it's cycle related. I'm working on tracking it now b/c its just fascinating to me.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    I've found that there are points in my cycle where I want to eat nonstop, (and have lots of cravings for carby foods), and points in my cycle where I'm IFing like crazy and not hungry or cravy at all. I really think it's cycle related. I'm working on tracking it now b/c its just fascinating to me.
    I'm finding very similar cycle related food habits. Just wanted to chime in as I also find it facinating.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Whenever I fall for something carb laden shit is without fail the days I haven't had enough fat the day before.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Carnivore is offline Member
    I was also going to suggest upping your fat numbers. I have more energy now that I'm strictly PB. On the rare occasion I feel flat, I try to move around even if it is just walking down the hall and back or doing a few squats at my desk. I follow that up with a big glass of water or a cup of hot tea with some coconut oil stirred in.

carolanne88 is offline Member
    For me, it's all about the stress in my life, more so than what I have eaten prior to that point. I have a history of emotional eating and when I am down, it's so hard to not indulge in "carb laden shit". Hence my indulgence of a heavenly peach cobbler over the holiday weekend. Too much stress = an indulgence waiting to happen, if I don't focus.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Hormones.

Cortisol, serotonin, leptin, all of them really.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by EGYnutrition View Post
    Hormones.

Cortisol, serotonin, leptin, all of them really.
    yep.

OP if its post-lunch that is the trigger, have you thought about skipping lunch all together? Eating your meals at home only may help you keep focus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast