Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG! I feel so sinful! page

carolanne88 is offline Member

Cool OMG! I feel so sinful!

Primal Fuel
    So I came home from work tonight and made myself breakfast for dinner. 3 slices of thick cut bacon, 1 pork sausage patty, 2 eggs, and sauteed onions, zuchinni and tomatoes (cooked in bacon grease ) I feel like such a sinner. How can this be real? LOL! I love it!

I also had 2 hamburger patties for lunch with my big ass salad!

My family thinks I've gone off the deep end, because I've been an avid turkey bacon and turkey sausage eater for years. I've never used bacon grease to cook with (even though my Mom always did when I was growing up). I've been brainwashed for years!

CriQue312 is offline Junior Member
    I had fun with bacon grease this past weekend... fried some celery, onion, and green peppers... then crumbled the bacon into the mix.
    It was so tasty. It is strange shifting into eating this way after living on USDA prescribed cooking tools for years. So happy to be no longer brainwashed.
    CriQue ~ Groking it like it's hot since June 26, 2010
    May 26, 2010 241lbs, // Aug 12, 2011 178lbs // Goal 150ish

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
    - Melody Beattie

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Ha, don't feel sinful (unless you like to feel sinful), bacon grease is good for your heart.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    I was saving bacon grease for a while, then I realized how foolish that was. Now I just make a few slices of bacon every time I cook something. It's not like I can't shove down a couple of extra slices here and there. I had fish fried in bacon fat with a side of bacon for dinner. Unbelievably.

MJinLV is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it fabulous? I'm a newbie too. I've been experimenting with different brands of bacon to find the very best. After years of banning bacon from my house and only eating it very occasionally in restaurants, it is intoxicating to be able to make it a regular part of my diet. Of course, we are talking uncured nitrate free, but totally salty, fatty, yummy goodness.

I've started using reserved bacon fat to cook my eggs in the morning, because I don't like the coconut oil/egg flavor combo. But bacon makes it outstanding.
    Food should be fun--Thomas Keller

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allbeef Patty View Post
    I was saving bacon grease for a while, then I realized how foolish that was. Now I just make a few slices of bacon every time I cook something. It's not like I can't shove down a couple of extra slices here and there. I had fish fried in bacon fat with a side of bacon for dinner. Unbelievably.
    Ah but then that begs the real question: do you put bacon on your bacon on your bacon on your bacon...
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    I believe the Applegate Farms uncured one was pretty good... though I really like Kroger's Low Sodium one, and I crack black pepper all over it, or sometimes spice it with Sichiji (awesome Japanese spice).

-写

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I like using 2" squares of bacon as the chips for my guacamole. Doritos? Hah!

zorba is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    GREAT idea!

carolanne88 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    OMG! That is awesome! I'm trying that for sure!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast