Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I doing wrong with my crystal deodorant? page

sbhikes is offline Senior Member

What am I doing wrong with my crystal deodorant?

Primal Fuel
    I bought this crystal deodorant about 4 months ago. It does not seem to work at all. And after 4 months it shows no signs that any of it has rubbed off onto my body. I moisten it as directed and rub and rub for quite a long time. I've seen other people's deodorant crystals and they show signs of wear but mine looks as smooth and the same shape as when I bought it. What am I not doing properly?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    mine got smooth and shiny before it started wearing down to the shape of my pits

if your sweat doesn't stink, it's working fine
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I used one for a while a couple of years ago. Seemed to wear down a bit from the water. It worked, until my pits started getting irritated from it. Stopped using it after that, it's probably still hiding in the bathroom drawer somewhere. Now I just use coconut oil and baking soda, dab a bit of each on, and all is good. Not smelly ever after a couple of days of no shower on a weekend, even hubby had to agree it works, though the idea on not using standard deoderant creeps him out a bit.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I've had mine for a while...maybe a year? It took ages before it looked used. I'd suggest you get one that's just the stone, not with aloe vera or whatever. That could be messing it up.

I've read that some people find the spray version to work better. I get less stinky with the crystal than if I use nothing, but it's not great. I am sadly a stinky person.

I'd like to use baking soda & coconut oil, but I'm too impatient to let it sink in so I'll probably get oil all over my clothes.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'd like to use baking soda & coconut oil, but I'm too impatient to let it sink in so I'll probably get oil all over my clothes.
    It really doesn't get on clothes. Just a touch on a fingertip of the oil to the pit, dip fingers into baking soda and swipe, finish getting ready, all is good. Not oily/greasy.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    I keep my u-arm hair very short (probably not related to this). I wash my u-arms every morn and leave them wet and then rub it on. I tossed one bec. it wasn't working. My theory is that not putting the lid back on after using caused this.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    It definitely doesn't work on me all by itself. I use it in combination with baking soda now. The baking soda by itself stopped working but the combination seems to work better than either one alone. I also add some essential oil to my pits. I've basically created my own deodorant.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I became allergic to deodorant (well, reactive. Gave a rash). I tried that crystal thing and it actually picked up and amplified an odor that I barely noticed before. The crystal had stank on it, and it would give me more stank than I ever had before. Now I use nothing. Just nothing.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Spinner42 is offline Member
    I use and love Primal Paste. Yes, I could make my own, but they seem to be a great little company and so I'm happt to send them a few bucks. Namelesswonder, it doesn't take any time at all to absorb. Try it! I tend to be on the stinky side, though I do find that's quite food-related, and PP does the job for me. I think I tried a crystal when I was much younger, without success.

meepster is online now Senior Member
    Those crystal things never worked for me. And I did use them as directed, and I still smelled bad. Right now I use some "natural" stuff made with coconut oil and baking soda and "probiotics" that I got on Etsy, and it works much better - but alas, the baking soda irritates my skin. Still trying to find something that works just as well but doesn't use baking soda.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast