Thread: My Journey page

Primal Husker is online now Member

My Journey

Shop Now
    On December 19th I was preparing for my third knee surgery and weighed in at 272 pounds. I decided that day I either had to change or I would die. I'm 5'7 so that is a really morbid weight to be at. The first month and a half I just killed off some destructive habits. Went from a 12 pack a night to no drinking for a while. Started eating three times a day (more on this later). I also started reading. A lot. On February 4th I was cleared by the doctor to start working out. My knee was and still is in rough shape so to start I did only upper body. I started lifting because one day my buddy said I would get more from lifting 30 minutes than the chronic cardio I had done while I ballooned to 272. So I went I and lifted. That day I Benched 85 pounds. A week later I went primal. The date specifically was February 9th 2014. By the end of February is was down 24 pounds. As I've gone along this journey I've learned so much. I learned the value of sprinting and fasting. I currently do a 16 hour IF daily and eat at 1 and 9. People say how can you lose weight weight and eat late. I say I'm eating right and not processed garbage that generally goes along with night eating. I recently changed my workouts with the help of of a couple of friends and this site (Old school and others). I changed my 16 lifts per lifting session workouts into a compound workout session.

When I started my goal was 100 pounds. This morning I weighed 211 pounds. My waste went from 44 to 38. I'm not sure that 100 pounds is the goal now. I just want to be lean and be healthy. My blood pressure this morning was 115/70. It was 160/120 day of surgery. I eat a lot of salt too. So that hasn't impacted me negatively. My bench which was 85 is now reps of 185 and recently pushed self to do 205 5 times. My current diet is mainly chicken and beef. I eat Parboiled rice 5-6 times a week (1/4th cup) and recently reintroduced potatoes. I feel great and have recently had a lot of people ask me for tricks. Was it a juice diet? Low fat? I tell them it's all about diet. Working out has expedited the process. They look at me stunned when I tell them I eat a lot of fat. One guy has stuck with my advice and he has dropped 30 pounds. The trick with him is he almost works out too much (walks 7 miles miles a day) but who am I to stop him. He seems to enjoy it. I'm just afraid he will burn out. Anyway, I wanted to share my story. This site has helped me so much.

Oh and my knee. It still hurts from time to time but it's amazing what dropping 61 pounds will do for you. I run sprints I squat I deadlift leg Press etc. Pretty much painless.

Good luck to all in their journey.
    Last edited by Primal Husker; 08-05-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Swick is offline Junior Member
    Congrats on your success so far!

PaulaCee is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for sharing your success story. You've made such major changes in your lifestyle and done great at sticking with them. All the best to you

Paula

Primal Husker is online now Member
    Milestone today! Started my journey at a 44 waist. Today I bought new ones at size 36.

ERC
    ERC is offline Junior Member
    Awesome! Great work; truly inspirational.

Suffern is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Husker View Post
    Milestone today! Started my journey at a 44 waist. Today I bought new ones at size 36.
    Congratulations! And thanks for sharing your story. Sounds amazing!

Greenman is offline Junior Member
    Congrats back to you!