Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal ~ MiliCoqui Get's Grokking page

Milicoqui is offline Member

Thumbs up My Primal Journal ~ MiliCoqui Get's Grokking

Ha! I'm starting on my Primal journey! Making the switch from Medifast. Was surprised to find others have done this as well. I lost 40 pounds on Medifast but have been maintaining and going up and down since I started it in 2012. It did change the way I look at food but going primal was something I wanted to transition to when I finished losing weight. When I lost weight I started getting more active, doing mud runs, races, and doing Insanity. For many months I wasn't losing and I felt hungry, tired, and huge like the Hulk huge! Medifast usually says that the exercise level should be low to begin with and as you increase intensity add more calories to your "diet." I was /am frustrated that if you run and workout and eat right then there should be results! I wasn't getting them, at least not the ones I wanted. I did gain muscle but I'm still overweight and I want to lose another 50 pounds. I'm sick of Medifast and decided that I'm going to do Primal now! I don't want to wait.

Here it goes! I'm aiming for the 50-90 daily carb range. I really want to lose and I've started running again and this lifestyle seems it would be better suited to me. Heck when I went off plan on Medifast it was because I ate dairy and fruits. I'm working for this to be the way I live forever. Currently at 208 for my 5'5 frame...smh! I want to get to 150, that is my goal!

I will do my best to document here every day (likely workday posting will be frequent)! I'll post my food tracker, exercise, feelings, happenings, and challenges throughout.
    Last edited by Milicoqui; 08-01-2014 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Added goals, it just got really serious!!!

DAY One:
    73014 Day 1.jpg

This is my day one eats!. I didn't get out and run or lift but I did get in some sun . I was hungry in the early afternoon. Was scared to eat fruit...scared can you believe it?! LOL I've gotten used to not eating fruits that I look at them with longing and trepidation. I had some berries and a peach to curb the sugar monster. i ate half a Lara bar...dangerous. Usually I would eat the whole thing but I practically made out with the half. The other half will be consumed today! Otherwise, I'm feeling good. I got some deep sleep apparently last evening I woke up without the alarm. Scary/weird.
    Last edited by Milicoqui; 07-31-2014 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added feelings :d

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the primal journey MiliCoqui and good luck with your goals.

Thanks Annieh!

I need to make them, thanks for the encouragement and reminding me to do that

~Milicious

Day Two!
    73114 Day 2.jpg

I felt very hungry yesterday but I didn't eat anything that isn't allowed. I know I shouldn't be counting calories and what not, it's habit I need to break but I would like to keep track of what I'm eating and MyFitnesspal is easy. Still under 100 carbs, woot. I had much better sleep today, could be in my mind. I even woke up without an alarm...again and i don't feel as angry as I normally do. make me sound like a regular grouch! lol. I haven't done much (or any) exercise this week. I may go for a two mile run this evening just to get the blood pumping!
    Last edited by Milicoqui; 08-01-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Day 3 so far...

B: Two eggs fried in 1/2 tablespoon of ghee, 6 raspberries, 1/4 of blueberries
    Feeling good this was around 830. Fast forward to 12:30. 64 Ounces of water in, starting to get a headache.
    L: Ate two egg "muffins" (egg, ground beef and kale) their tiny, 1 cup of ground beef (96/4). Small peach.

Now as I write this I have a headache, likely withdrawal, I'm not irritable but my brain hurts lol. Trying to IF (i'm learning the acronyms!) and hope that I can do a long one 4 hours isn't anything. I really read a journal on here that someone fasted for 24 hours. Hopefully I can build up to that.

I have food in reserves here, baked chicken breast, kale, and some berries. Trying to hold out though, I don't want to be grazing throughout the day. Takes time to get acclimated I guess.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I think your idea not to graze all day is a good one.

I have found I do best on four feedings - Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner (e.g. 8am, 12am, 3pm, 6pm). Then fast from dinner till breakfast - since I'm sleeping most of that time it's more than feasible to manage 12 or more hours. Sometimes as many as 15.

I see yesterday's mid morning snack had a lot of carbs and not much protein and wonder if that contributed to your hungry feelings. I wonder how you'd go if you add the fruit to the previous meal rather than eating a small meal and then again a short time later.
    Last edited by Annieh; 08-01-2014 at 01:50 PM.

PhoxInSox is offline Member
    Oh I like the chart it outs you have going on

Maybe switching out fruit for a vegetable would help with the hunger too? Lower carbs and it will slow down your insulin response and perhaps you wont get hunger pangs that way? Just an idea. Looking forward to seeing your progress and getting to know you.
    There is an infinite, thrumming, unseen web that joins everything. Everything is connected to everything else… this fact is nearly impossible for us to grasp because we are just mollusks, shut up tight at the bottom of a dark, cold ocean, trying to make sense of stars we cannot even see.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    I think your idea not to graze all day is a good one.

I have found I do best on four feedings - Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner (e.g. 8am, 12am, 3pm, 6pm). Then fast from dinner till breakfast - since I'm sleeping most of that time it's more than feasible to manage 12 or more hours. Sometimes as many as 15.

I see yesterday's mid morning snack had a lot of carbs and not much protein and wonder if that contributed to your hungry feelings. I wonder how you'd go if you add the fruit to the previous meal rather than eating a small meal and then again a short time later.
    Yes, I will stick to mostly protein. From the journals I've read so far some people are sticking to one fruit a day. I think I could do that and sleep is likely the easier fast as you said. I will aim for that tomorrow. Thanks so much!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoxInSox View Post
    Oh I like the chart it outs you have going on

Maybe switching out fruit for a vegetable would help with the hunger too? Lower carbs and it will slow down your insulin response and perhaps you wont get hunger pangs that way? Just an idea. Looking forward to seeing your progress and getting to know you.
    I should substitute fruit. I will do that as well. I'm going to have one fruit a day and if I get hungry then I'll go for a lower carb veggie or a hunk of meat...small hunk nothing Flintstones worthy! You're in Hawaii?! Awesome my brother lives in Oahu. How's PB on the island? I really was thinking about that earlier today as I would like my brother to do this for health. I'm aware the cost of food is high so I wonder how it's done, I assume seafood is cheaper than red meats.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast