Thread: Sometimes my energy is low page

saarx1 is offline Senior Member

Sometimes my energy is low

Hi guys.
    Im 21 years old about 200lbs,6'1, serving in the military.
    Right now in my nutrition im at a place where i eat paleo 6 days a week and i have one cheat day.
    Usually i feel pretty good, but somtimes i have realy bad energy levels. i usually experience this in the weekends where i go out with my friends and we walk alot between bars, talking to girls, dancing etc... which is pretty physiclly tough. somtimes i go out and have full energy the whole night, and im having fun and feel like a blast.
    but somtimes my energy levels are realy fucked up and i can barely even walk.. im all drained out exausted.
    I usually sleep 5-7 hours a night in a pretty dark room (i darkened it as much as possible), and i eat the best i can with the food that is available. still, usually i eat realy low amount of meat (about maybe 100g) and maybe 1-3 eggs (thats most days, somtimes you can take more but usually not), and some vegetables (again, as much as i can, but somtimes there arent any or the salads arent realy fresh so i rather not eat it).
    I dont eat starches and grains at all. my main carb source is the vegetables i eat.
    So i was thinking that probably i just dont eat enough. i do want to lose weight but still i dont realy eat meals suitable for my size.
    Lately i started taking tuna with olive oil and i eat one every day. but other then that, what do you guys think i should do?

Elliot is online now Senior Member
    What kind of food is available? What are your options?

jenna is offline Senior Member
    You definitely need more protein and more carbs if you are active. If you aren't going to eat starches then start adding fruit to your daily intake. For protein, I would add at least 50g per day. Unless you're eating a ton of fat your calories seem way to low for a 20yr old active man. I don't normally suggest it, but if you are stuck on base most of the time maybe add a protein shake each day?

saarx1 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thats pretty much the food we get. about 100g of meat, and 1-3 eggs. cant have any more 80% of the days.
    i thought about adding some rice.. and i also thought about protein shakes