Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much fat, apparently page

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Too much fat, apparently

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, after eating an entire tin of "Callos", a typical spanish food that is mainly meat and fat, LOTS of fat and which, for some reason, is extremely cheap... I'm now feeling extremely dizzy, the same happened yesterday and I wonder if it has to do with eating an insane amount of fat, especially if we take into account that the tin contained a ton of olive oil as a conservant and that I've felt a similar (though weaker) sensation after eating tons of olive oil.

So, did the fat make me dizzy? Anyone could explain to me what happened to my body please? Thanks.
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 07-31-2014 at 06:48 AM.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    How much sodium was in it? May have thrown your electrolytes off balance.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    it's a sign from the gods...eat some carbs
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Well, after eating an entire tin of "Callos", a typical spanish food that is mainly meat and fat, LOTS of fat and which, for some reason, is extremely cheap...
    um, because it's shit quality "food"? are you sure it's even olive oil in the tin? and not the adulterated stuff which is actually garbage seed oil?

why are you eating tons of olive oil? and again, are you sure it's actually olive oil?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    um, because it's shit quality "food"? are you sure it's even olive oil in the tin? and not the adulterated stuff which is actually garbage seed oil?

why are you eating tons of olive oil? and again, are you sure it's actually olive oil?
    totally agree. i'm guessing it's cheap because it's canned goat snot and rat meat, drizzled in soybean oil
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    totally agree. i'm guessing it's cheap because it's canned goat snot and rat meat, drizzled in soybean oil
    HA! i lol'ed fo sho.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Notsoperfick is offline Member
    If it was in a tin then it's probably better in the bin. Did you check what else was in there? MSG maybe? I can't think of any reason why eating tons of fat should be anything other than good, your bowels might take offence but that settles down quite quickly.

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    How much sodium was in it? May have thrown your electrolytes off balance.
    Not sure, but it didn't taste salty at all.

it's a sign from the gods...eat some carbs
    I eat more than enough carbs, I just drink a little of horchata later, which is quite sugary.

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post

It tasted like olive oil, I'm spanish I know how it tastes, though maybe it wasn't virgin.

In Spain we have really good food, I'm sure it was at least medium quality meat with actual olive oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsoperfick View Post
    If it was in a tin then it's probably better in the bin. Did you check what else was in there? MSG maybe? I can't think of any reason why eating tons of fat should be anything other than good, your bowels might take offence but that settles down quite quickly.
    Well, my strong dizziness probably indicate that eating too much fat at once is a terrible terrible idea...

Notsoperfick is offline Member
    "Well, my strong dizziness probably indicate that eating too much fat at once is a terrible terrible idea... "

Or maybe you were just dehydrated.

dehydration, blood sugar drop, cheap ingredients, reaction to a particular ingredient (like msg or another preservative), etc. could be anything.

do you have the same reaction when eating lots of fat from another source?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast