Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What training should I do for my heart? page 2

Neanderdan is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Check out peripheral heart action training protocols (pha for short). It's a great system for a multitude of training goals. Totally scalable to whatever your fitness level. The idea is to perform the movements in an order to keep blood circulating throughout the body from one end to the other. Check out this link http://www.dennisbweis.com/Aug08arti...PHASystem.html

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I must have a very weak heart because my resting heart rate is 80bpm. I get winded walking up more than two flights of stairs or even just walking briskly. If I try to jog, it doesn't take long until my heart rate is spiking up to 180bpm, even at what others would consider to be a slow pace.
    You need to see a doctor. You may just be out of shape but you need to be sure.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    A resting heart rate of 80 by itself isn't going to convince a Doctor you have a problem. Normal Sinus Rhythm is 60-99 beats per minute. You are right in the middle of that range. Ask your doc if they would be willing to give you a treadmill stress test for a baseline test. That will give you a better indicator of issues with your heart. If it does go up to 180 bpm then hopefully the cause will be found.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, resting heart rate of 80 is ok. It's the rest that needs checking out.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

manzuni is offline Junior Member
    Regular exercise specially to walk every day is best training for heart.

jmsmall is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Some of this depends on age of course. Not a bad plan to check with a doc. Also you might try a few days off; it won't hurt you at all. We all have different training thresholds and it is not difficult to get into overtraining mode. Recovery is just as important as the exercise.

Then also look at rest (sleep), diurnal rhythm, stress management, nutrition, relationships, spiritual. They all matter to recovery.

Doc Jim
    10/2/12: 169 lbs, 37"waist
    Now: low 150's, 33" waist
    Blog: http://paleopathologist.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12