Thread: Hello from Virginia page

PaulaCee is offline Junior Member

Hello from Virginia

Shop Now
    Started my primal journey this May and I have been so pleased with my new lifestyle and food choices. I chanced upon MDA when I was looking for gluten free recipes. I thought I didn't have any issues with grains but my younger sister does have celiac.

Everything I read on MDA made so much sense so I jumped in with no reservations. I have a substantial amount of weight to free myself from, and I was surprised by how quickly the first 25 pounds melted off. In May I was 245 lbs. and now I am down to 218. No grains, legumes, processed oils, etc. and very little dairy. I use butter on my vegies and meat and I enjoy drinking Primal Fuel.

I'm 50 years old and 5 feet 10 inches tall. I work as a nursing assistant and I'm on my feet and moving around for at least seven hours out of my eight hour shift. The pitfall is my workplace always has lots of sugary treats around from management, food service or grateful family members. I bring my own food from home now and enjoy some 85% dark chocolate and almonds as a treat once in a while.

Looking forward to being part of the MDA forum! Best wishes to everyone.

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm glad Primal is working well for you. I'm amazed when places that should be promoting healthy foods allow junk.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good start! Keep up the good work!

wisernow2012 is offline Junior Member
    Hi PaulaCee,
    Congratulations!! You are doing awesome! I understand the frustration of snack room - but 25 pounds gone beats a stale donut anyday. My new favorite snack is BACON - so bring your own favorite PB snacks or avoid breakroom and take a sunshine break walking outside.
    I am also from Va - northern Va for me. Female, 62, 5'8 and starting weight on 7/20 was 199,. I started doing the 21 day challenge and kept on going! CW is 184.6 and I am feeling good!

Where in VA are you located?
    Keep on with the great job,
    Joann

myh
    myh is offline Junior Member
    Just wanted to post a quick reply here to 2nd my amazement and shock over the unbelievably poor standards kept by institutions that most people naturally think of as safe places to trust with our health.

While it is certainly true that mainstream medical professionals have not been taught very much about nutrition and natural health in school, some do manage to find their way. The proof is in the pudding (not that you'll be eating much of that!)

Good luck and keep up the good work.

In reality, my experience is that health for most people is nothing more than the same challenge that most of us face each days in various other tasks and places - discipline, discipline, organization, execution, follow through...all that kind of stuff.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Paula, you are doing so well, it's great to have you along on here. I'm 50 as well, been eating this way for two years now and wouldn't look back

tms1 is online now Junior Member

tms1

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Welcome Paula, you are doing so well, it's great to have you along on here. I'm 50 as well, been eating this way for two years now and wouldn't look back
    just started feel better already!!