Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else sensitive to cell phone radiation? page

meepster is online now Senior Member

Anyone else sensitive to cell phone radiation?

Primal Fuel
    OK, here's a weird one. I spent a lot of time talking on cell phones when I was young - and those were the old-fashioned cell phones that had a lot more power than modern cell phones do. I always hold the phone to the right side of my head. Now, when I spend more than 15 minutes talking on the cell phone while holding it to my head, I feel sore in the part of my head right behind the ear - the place where the bone kinda bulges out behind the ear. I only get this sore feeling when I talk on the cell phone while holding it to my head (normally, these days, I use a speakerphone or an earbud and hold the phone far away from my head). It arises shortly after the cell phone conversation, or during the conversation if I'm talking for a very long time, and takes a while to subside after that.

Does anyone else get this?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    It's not a new phenomenon. People have been discovering that they are elecromagnetically sensitive more and more. It's becoming a well-known phenomenon.

Everyone is effected by electromagnetic radiation, but most people will be able to overcome this stress. However, a sizable minority, say like 40% of the population, will exibit harmful health effects.

Try this experiment: Turn off all wifi, radiation emitting devices at night (cell phone, laptops, tablets, TVs, routers etc), in your house and cut all of the electricity to your bedroom at the breakers for a night or two. See if you don't sleep harder than you ever have in your entire life. If the answer is yes, you may be one of the "sizable minority" of us who could be EMF sensitive.

If you realize that you are, you might want to investigate whether or not you have a smart meter anywhere near your domicile and do something about it if you can.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

rfsafe is offline Junior Member

Cell Phone Radiation From 4G Smartphones vs 1G/2G/3G

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    - and those were the old-fashioned cell phones that had a lot more power than modern cell phones do.
    While it's true that over-all wattage for cell phones has decreased over the years, the total radiated power has increased. 1st generation cell phones used different technologies and frequencies than 2nd gen, 3rd different than 2nd, and 4th different than 3rd and this trend will continue for a long time to come.

I bring this up simply because over the nearly 2 decades now that I've been researching RF/EMF hazards and operating the RF Safe website I've noticed a trend of complaints towards 4G LTE devices. I am hearing a lot that older technology doesn't have as bad of an effect. You're not alone on this I can assure you!

I use a speakerphone or an earbud and hold the phone far away from my head
    Distance and speakerphone is the best option, however please look into the use of a wired headset, as the wire used to the earpiece also delivers electromagnetic radiation directly to your head into your ear and brain. If you really want to reduce cranial exposure I'd suggest using an air-tube headset.
    Last edited by rfsafe; 07-27-2014 at 10:57 PM. Reason: typo

I actually had an air-tube headset from your website (thank you!) for my last phone. I may order one for this phone too. For me, I think, it's more the RF than the EMF - I don't feel any effect from electrical wiring next to my bed or anything like that. It's just RF radiation from cell phones and (sometimes) wi-fi routers.

Still, I may actually try the experiment where I turn off all electricity in my bedroom (I'm not sure how I'd go about that sort of thing for just one room) and see what happens. I'm a big fan of n=1 experiments.

In any case, I'm glad I'm not alone. I told one friend of mine and got a "You're crazy" sort of response. Not very pleasant.

Still, I may actually try the experiment where I turn off all electricity in my bedroom (I'm not sure how I'd go about that sort of thing for just one room) and see what happens. I'm a big fan of n=1 experiments.
    You should be able to go to your breaker panel for your house and experiment with it until you discover which switches control the outlets and lights in your bedroom. Then when you know which one those are, switch those off. You may have to fiddle around with this a bit.

Also, when I say turn off all wifi or cell devices, I mean really off. Unplug from the wall, turn them off, keep them away from any power source. Also, even when off, some devices (like cell phones) are still used as replays by your cell phone provider to extend cell signal, so keep them all out of your bedroom while attempting this experiment. Do it for a few days and see how you feel. I'd be curious to know!
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Sakitumi Puppet is offline Junior Member
    I started a facebook discussion about this, asking my friends similar questions, because smart phones literally burn me to touch them, and if I put one to my head to speak into it, I get a pinching headache near my temples that I also feel in my teeth.

2 friends said that it must be in my head because I hate technology, no one copped to any similar experiences; the consensus was that having a sensation around such a device is a mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakitumi Puppet View Post
    I started a facebook discussion about this, asking my friends similar questions, because smart phones literally burn me to touch them, and if I put one to my head to speak into it, I get a pinching headache near my temples that I also feel in my teeth.

2 friends said that it must be in my head because I hate technology, no one copped to any similar experiences; the consensus was that having a sensation around such a device is a mental illness.
    Because they can't see it, they assume there must be no health effects, right?

Well let me ask you this... Can you see gluten?

Yup yup yup - people are so wedded to their preconceived notion that cell phones are 100% safe that they'll dismiss anyone who has problems with them. I've learned to keep really really quiet about this particular phenomenon for me, for fear of sounding like a tinfoil-hatted wacko.

(actually, would a tinfoil hat work to block microwaves? I'd think it would actually be helpful in the present situation)

I'm sure that 10 years from now, these problems will come to light and everyone will become aware of them - but we have to protect ourselves in the meantime. Even if we do look like tinfoil-hatted wackos.

Yup yup yup - people are so wedded to their preconceived notion that cell phones are 100% safe that they'll dismiss anyone who has problems with them. I've learned to keep really really quiet about this particular phenomenon for me, for fear of sounding like a tinfoil-hatted wacko.

(actually, would a tinfoil hat work to block microwaves? I'd think it would actually be helpful in the present situation)

I'm sure that 10 years from now, these problems will come to light and everyone will become aware of them - but we have to protect ourselves in the meantime. Even if we do look like tinfoil-hatted wackos.
    Actually... Funny thing about aluminum... There are several prominant electricians who say that standing on aluminum foil WELL AWAY from any active electric currents (ten or more feet) will actually dispell electric charge and you don't have to replace the sheet of foil each time either. Awesome!

Problem is, you begin to accumulate the charge again the second you step off so you have to do this several times a day.

All I know is, grok didn't sleep at night with several hundred volts of electricity coursing through him, so if I turn off my electricity at night I will not feel weird about it.

Hmmm. That would work to get rid of static electricity (if you're standing on a sufficiently large sheet of aluminum foil), but it would do nothing to protect you from the electromagnetic field produced by the electric wire near you. It would also do nothing to protect you from microwave radiation emitted by your cell phone or wi-fi router.

The tinfoil hat would, I'd think, actually block microwave radiation from reaching your head - wouldn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast