Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nuts and Seeds: HELP page 3

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry, you're right, macadamia nuts are 6:1 O6:O3. I think I got the wrong ratio from macadamia nut oil which claims to be 1:1.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSaltyJack View Post
    Sorry, you're right, macadamia nuts are 6:1 O6:O3. I think I got the wrong ratio from macadamia nut oil which claims to be 1:1.
    Oh man, Mac nut oil ROCKS!

I'd like to make some mac-nut mayonnaise, but its so expensive...

*whimper*
    I believe it is nut-o-clock, as I subconsciously find myself pacing into the kitchen and to where the nut jar used to be. I made a delicious drink instead, soon to be blogged about.

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member
    STOP. STEP AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN.

Nut-o-clock.. haha. Lately if I'm itching for a snack (you know, those times when you're not really hungry but you feel like eating), I'll go for some blueberries, or an avocado sliced in half, and mash in some lemon juice, and eat out of the shell/skin. Or cook up a couple Italian sausages or something. But, of course, eating just to eat really isn't a great habit anyway, so I mostly just don't eat unless I'm actually hungry. If you're actually hungry, eat something more substantial. If it's just nervous eating, I'd recommend finding another way to channel that.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    i am a firm believer that all cravings pass within 15 mintutes! hang in there!

unless the craving is for meat. i crave steak all week

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    I need a steak..
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

I have half of a grilled buffallo steak in my fridge...

(but I'm stretching that for budgets sake!)

I did survive the nut craving... and I've just returned from the farmers market with some lovely looking strawberries and avocados, as well as celery-- I do believe that when I want nuts I want something crunchy, a lot of the time. Of course, half the time, I dip my celery in a nutbutter... LOL!

-写

PS - It is probably just delightfully psychosomatic, but when I was passing the mirror this morning after getting ready for the lake, I thought I saw more of a hint that my 'line' was returning-- you know, the dip between your ribcages, upper stomach? As if refraining from nuts for a day was beginning to miraculously resculpt me. HAH! However, did make me feel nice. Indulging in tiny absurdities is sometimes delightful, isn't it?

-写

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Ikaika, I went through a bunch of the same stuff and posted about it over a month ago. Homemade beef jerky perfectly satisfies the snack urge. It's nice to have around. But I still eat nuts (after kicking them for two weeks). I think they are extremely healthy in moderation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123