Thread: Does anyone take liquid iron supplements? page

nissenpa is offline Junior Member

Does anyone take liquid iron supplements?

Shop Now
    I've noticed on fit day that I'm barely hitting 50% RDA for iron. I'm a 33 yr old female and I lift 3x/week, do yoga, and sprint once a week. Should I be concerned that my iron is so low. I eat plenty of protein and fat.

bump

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    Are you symptomatic for anemia? Had low ferritin?

Raw egg yolks are a great source of heme iron, which is absorbed WAY better than non-heme (non animal source) types. ProFerrinES is a good-albeit a little pricey-supplement too. Liquid heme iron supps can turn your teeth black (which is OH so sexy!) and nonheme aren't absorbed terribly well, but that said, I know a lot of ladies who love floradix (I think that's the name of it).

Vitamin C should be taken with, of course. And minerals like calcium/magnesium should be taken away from Fe supps.
    Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Thank you SO much!! I'm currently eating about 4 eggs a day. I don't believe I am symptomatic for anemia but I do feel fatigued from time to time. I sleep 8 hours and work out (lift, walk, sprint, yoga). I also have a 4year old that I am at home with full time so that could be it too!